Hexagon’s Autonomy & Positioning division|Hexagon’s Autonomy & Positioning division
Software Verification Engineer-Aerospace & Defense Job Brief
We have a job vacancy of Software Verification Engineer-Aerospace & Defense in our company, Hexagon’s Autonomy & Positioning division. This vacancy is based in Calgary Alberta Canada. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Software Verification Engineer-Aerospace & Defense Job
Company: Hexagon’s Autonomy & Positioning division
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Calgary Alberta Canada
URL Expiry: 2023-01-21
Posted on: jobsincanada.one
Software Verification Engineer-Aerospace & Defense Job Detail
Hexagon’s Autonomy & Positioning division is looking for a Software Test Engineer – Aerospace & Defense to join our high-tech engineering and manufacturing company that is committed to customer service excellence and continuous improvement. Work closely with a group of dedicated engineers developing GNSS technology for safety-certified aviation applications. You will work in a cooperative and dynamic team, delivering solutions to customers throughout the world. As you learn about our customer’s unique needs, you will see firsthand how your effort directly contributes to their success.
The Company: Hexagon is a global leader in digital reality solutions, combining sensor, software and autonomous technologies. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, quality and safety across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, public sector and mobility applications. You’ll be joining over 22,000 people in 50 countries on the leading edge of your field.
This position is with Hexagon’s A&P division, a global technology leader, pioneering end-to-end solutions industry leaders rely on for assured positioning and autonomy on land, sea and air. Our work touches every aspect of life, from sustainability on Earth to enabling autonomy. Within the Autonomy & Positioning division your work will contribute to the operation of our brand NovAtel. Come see why we are recognized as one of Alberta’s Top 75 Employers since 2020!
The Location: This position is based in Calgary, AB. We offer hybrid work once training is completed.
If you require any special accommodation, please email our team at [email protected] and we will be pleased to follow up with you. Please do not send cover letters or resumes to this address.
A s a Software Test Engineer, you will:
- Work with software and systems engineers to develop an overall verification and validation plan ensuring our product meets stated requirements
- Design, develop and execute test procedures to efficiently verify system requirements
- Produce robust documentation sets that capture test specifications, results, and compliance to requirements
- Accurately identify issues in both test procedures and product software using a variety of data analysis tools
- Continuously evolve verification tools and procedures to improve scalability, efficiency, and maintainability
- Contribute to and learn from the verification community of practice
- Degree in Geomatics/Electrical/Software Engineering or related field
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience writing and debugging test scripts (eg: Python)
- An inherent desire for producing high quality work and continuous improvement
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Able to achieve Canadian Controlled Goods security status
- Valid class 5 driver’s license
Key Success Factors:
- Self-starter with integrity, EQ, and social intelligence skills
- Troubleshooting and problem solving is part of your everyday routine
- You pay close attention to detail and can spot anomalies in software, hardware and data
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional teams
- Takes a proactive approach to managing risk by recognizing potential problems before they occur and taking action
- Excited by new technologies and new possibilities
- Knowledge and understanding of GNSS fundamentals
- Experience with:
- DO-178 process standard
- GNSS simulators
- Source control using Git and/or Perforce
- DOORS or Polarion requirements management tools
- Test automation using Jenkins (CI/CD)
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://jobsincanada.one/report-job/
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.