Ten Thousand Coffees|Ten Thousand Coffees
Software Engineering Intern Job Brief
We have a job vacancy of Software Engineering Intern in our company, Ten Thousand Coffees. This vacancy is based in Toronto ON. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Software Engineering Intern Job
Company: Ten Thousand Coffees
Work Type: Internship
City of work: Toronto ON
Last Date to Apply:
URL Expiry: 2023-04-03
Posted on: jobsincanada.one
We’re Ten Thousand Coffees (10KC) and we unlock opportunity through meaningful connections. 10KC is a talent experience platform for inclusive mentoring, connectivity and skills development designed for the new world of work.
200+ organizations use 10KC’s all-in-one platform to connect, develop and engage their employees. Our clients include Fortune 1000s like the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), PwC, Adidas, General Electric (GE), TELUS, Johnson & Johnson, post-secondary academic institutions across Canada, and diversity networks like Ascend and Black Professionals In Tech Network (BPTN). We have big plans to grow and are building a world-class team to help us achieve our ambitious goals!
Our Engineering team is currently seeking a Software Engineering Intern.
- Please note that our system displays PDF resumes more clearly and preserves your formatting. Other formats will work, but PDF is preferred.
- Think you’re a great fit for this role but don’t meet 100% of the criteria listed below? Apply anyways – we’d love to speak with you if you meet most of the requirements!
10KC is permanently remote and building a digital-first culture. We welcome applications from across Canada.
The Ten Thousand Coffees (10KC) Engineering team has 10+ members. We are looking for a talented, young, ambitious, and ready-for-the-world 3rd or 4th year Software Engineering Intern, who has partaken at least 2 internships, to build a talent-mentoring SaaS product that users will love and positively impacts everyone’s career development.
Our previous interns experienced full-cycle product developments. Therefore, Interns in Ten Thousand Coffees enjoy the same level of product ownership, including building out new client and server-side features, working through our product backlog, and assisting in partner integration, as anyone in the Engineering team. Interns are here to build products, not features .
What you’ll do
- Collaborating with the team to build frontend and backend product features from start to finish: through conception, research, implementation, and maintenance.
- Building a high-quality front-end and back-end product that our customers love and innovating informal talent development.
- Being a part of an engineering culture of fast iteration and shipping.
- Helping scale our engineering team, whether that’s through writing docs, or improving our DevOps.
- Collaborating with other members of the Engineering Team via code reviews, stand-ups, and pair programming when necessary.
- Helping debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
Experience and Skills you will need and learn:
- 3rd or 4th-year student who enrolls in a Bachelor of Engineering Degree (or equivalent to Mathematica and Science)
- Has at least taken 2 software engineering internships in the previous semester
- Experience with MongoDB/NoSQL databases
- MEAN tech stack coding experience (MongoDB, Express, AngularJS and NodeJS)
- Familiarity with single-page web (SPA’s) applications
- Familiarity with Agile software development practices and principles (e.g. Test/Behaviour Driven Development, Continuous Integration, etc.)
- You care about writing beautiful, maintainable code, and well-crafted user experiences.
- You believe that getting the product to the hands of users as fast as possible is the best way to learn how to solve their problems. We value progress over perfection and hope you share that passion.
- You deeply care about who we’re building for and understand the impact of the product you’re shipping.
- You have a proven track record of success in building production-level software.
- You are able to communicate nuanced ideas clearly, whether you’re explaining technical decisions in writing or in real time. In disagreements, you are able to engage thoughtfully with other perspectives and compromise when needed.
10KC provides a competitive salary commensurate with experience. The salary range for this role is: $32 – $37.30 per hour
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion @ 10KC
We’re dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive community – one where employees feel a sense of belonging and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. We celebrate and support our differences. We welcome new team members who are BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and neurodiverse as a part of our team (and we’ll continue to hire more in !). We strongly encourage everyone to apply. Whatever your background, race, creed, sex, gender, orientation, religion, people with living with disabilities, and foreign-born residents – you belong here!
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://jobsincanada.one/report-job/
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.