Software Engineer – Cross-Platform C++ – Multipass Job Brief
We have a job vacancy of Software Engineer – Cross-Platform C++ – Multipass in our company, Canonical. This vacancy is based in Vancouver British Columbia Canada. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Software Engineer – Cross-Platform C++ – Multipass Job
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Vancouver British Columbia Canada
URL Expiry: 2023-01-12
Posted on: jobsincanada.one
Software Engineer – Cross-Platform C++ – Multipass Job Detail
Use your deep C++ skills on Windows and MacOS to build an amazing open source developer experience with Multipass, the workstation mini-cloud at your fingertips which provides Ubuntu and appliance VMs on demand for build, test and prototyping. The Multipass team is hiring a Senior Software Engineer to join our distributed team. We greatly value quality in our code, and great user experience.
Multipass is published for macOS and Windows, and also Linux. Think of it as a workstation mini-cloud. At its simplest you can simply say multipass launch and you will get a new VM on your workstation. You can feed that VM data, just as you would on a public cloud like AWS, Azure or GCP. There is also a collection of pre-defined VM images, which we call appliances, just as you would find in the marketplace of any public cloud.
The goal is not to be a full cloud of course. The goal is to give developers a local cloud on their workstation, which they can use to run builds in the background, or to try cloud appliances, or to test their own cloud deployments and cloud-init scripts, free of charge. People sometimes use it as a build farm on a shared server, for example.
As a Senior Software Engineer you are expected to play a leadership role designing, mentoring, reviewing and of course coding.
What you will do
- Ensure Multipass is easy and intuitive to use
- Architect new features and design the user experience
- Write high-quality code to create new features and fix bugs
- Review code and architecture as part of Canonical’s engineering process
- Collaborate proactively with a distributed team
- Debug, track down and fix issues encountered by our users
- Foster the open source community and support customers when needed
- Travel internationally for up to two weeks, twice a year, for company events
A successful candidate will have
- Cross-platform development experience on macOS and/or Windows
- Expertise in modern C++ development
- Experience with software testing and test-driven development
- Extremely high personal standards for code quality, testing and design
- Knowledge of hypervisor technologies such as Hyper-V, VirtualBox, KVM, and QEMU
- Open source experience and involvement
- Knowledge of CI systems a plus
- Capacity to learn quickly about new systems and techniques
- Excellent communication skills in English – both verbal and written
- Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar degree
What is Canonical?
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, “the world’s best free software platform”. Our services help businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity, we will give your application fair consideration.
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://jobsincanada.one/report-job/
strong class=”helpus”>To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.