We have a vacancy of Software Engineer in our company, Seismic. This vacancy is based in Toronto Ontario Canada. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Software Engineer
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Toronto Ontario Canada
URL Expiry: 2022-12-29
Posted on: jobsincanada.one
Seismic, a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, is the global leader in enablement, helping make sales teams better by becoming more productive and engaging with buyers in a compelling way. Seismic’s platform provides continuous guidance to improve behavior, content, and skills to win more deals and deliver better experiences. Nearly 2,000 organizations including IBM and American Express have made Seismic their enablement platform of choice. Seismic integrates with business-critical platforms including Microsoft, Salesforce, Google and Adobe. Seismic is headquartered in San Diego, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia.
We’re looking for a savvy developer to join our passionate engineering team as a Software Engineer and help us scale and grow our cloud-based systems and technologies with a keen eye towards software quality and operational excellence. As a tech “unicorn”, this is an amazing opportunity for the right person to play a major role in helping design and build essential core infrastructure of this pre-IPO software company, as we broaden our lead in the sales enablement space!
As a Software Engineer on our Engagement Infrastructure team, you will play a vital part in designing and evolving foundational models and services that several engineering teams are dependent on. You, along with your Boston-based engineering team, will collaborate to build micro-service based systems responsible for helping our customers share content and information.
You will work closely with our product leads, engineering leads, and the other members of the team to continue the extraction of business-critical components/logic out of a monolith into a extensible and thoughtfully orchestrated microservice-based design and data model that sets Seismic up for the next ten years.
Who You Are:
- Seen as a major contributor in the team problem-solving-process – you aren’t afraid to share your opinions in a low-ego manner or roll up your sleeves and write critical path code, take on the refactoring of a significant piece of code.
- Deep experience across multiple software projects, driving the end-to-end software development lifecycle of an architecturally complex system or product.
- Ability to think tactically as well as strategically, respecting what came before you and always thinking longer-term.
- Highly focused on operational excellence and software quality, with experience in CI/CD and best operational practices.
- Your technical skills are sought after as you develop in a pragmatic and efficient manner.
- You enjoy solving challenging problems, all while having a blast with equally passionate and talented team members.
What you’ll be doing:
- Migrate important business functionality to a more robust design and ensure seamless integration to the rest of the Seismic platform.
- Be a major player on a new engineering team, while driving technical and architectural decisions and collaborating across multiple remote teams.
- Collaborate with technical product owners, architects, and other software engineers to rapidly build, test, and deploy code in the creation of a redesigned set of foundational core models and well-orchestrated services – allowing new features to be brought to the Seismic platform faster, without compromising robustness, quality or maintainability
- Explore new technologies and industry trends and bring your findings to life in our products.
- Participate in and contribute towards code reviews, monitoring and alerting, automated testing, bug/issue triage, and documentation.
- Contribute to troubleshooting and continuous quality improvements.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Must have a familiarity with .NET Core, and C# or similar object-oriented languages and frameworks.
- Familiar with microservice-based APIs (REST, GraphQL) as well as data structures and management (SQL, Kafka, JSON, NoSQL, S3/Azure blob storage)
- Experience in modern CI/CD pipelines and tooling (Jenkins, CircleCI, Github Actions, terraform) a big plus
- Experience with HTML/CSS/JS and modern SPA frameworks (React Vue.js, etc.) a plus.
- Experience with the SCRUM and the AGILE development process.
- Familiarity and comfortability developing in cloud-based environments (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, etc.)
What we have for you:
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits, including an end-of-year company shutdown
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plans, as well as an optional Health Savings Account with a company contribution
- Paid parental leave and family caregiver leave
- Enhanced fertility and egg freezing benefits
- 401(k) plan with annual company match
- Monthly stipend for cell phone expenses
- Flexible work schedule
- Seismic Cares employee volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 1,300 employees across the globe, Seismic is the global leader in sales enablement, backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate, Grapevine6, and Lessonly. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, former Chairman of the Board for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
UNITED STATES CANDIDATES ONLY: Notice regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. At Seismic, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased transmissibility with recent variants, all new U.S. based Seismic employees, whose job requires them to meet in person with others or be present at a Seismic office in the course of their employment, must provide original documentation confirming status having received the prescribed vaccinations (doses) based on the manufacturer’s guidelines on their first day of employment. Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be considered.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://jobsincanada.one/report-job/
strong class=”helpus”>To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.