Qualico Developments Canada Ltd
Title: Skilled Labourer
Location: Surrey, BC and surrounding areas
At Foxridge Homes, our people make the difference. We offer an exciting place to build your career with competitive compensation and benefit packages, company matching RRSP/DPSP program, employee home purchase program and employee discounts.
Reporting to the Construction Manager as the Skilled Labourer you will be responsible for performing specialized, technical, and skilled labour activities and within a focused trade or construction stream. You will provide guidance or training to general labourers and are responsible for ensuring work is completed in compliance within standard quality and safety protocols.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Operating heavy equipment and machinery, ensuring compliance to standard operating procedures and safety protocols.
- Performing skilled on-site construction activities with limited to no supervision.
- Providing guidance to general labourers as directed ensuring accurate and safe completion of work activities.
- Performing site and equipment inspections, reporting major problems.
- Working in a safe manner and complying with Qualico’s Safety Program and relevant safety regulations.
- Submitting of daily hazard assessments to Site Superintendents.
- Providing on-site training to general labourers.
- Completing other tasks as assigned.
As our ideal candidate, you are…
- Organized; you effectively manage your time while balancing multiple priorities.
- A strong communicator; you clearly express your thoughts in conversation and in written communication.
- An active listener; you seek to understand and listen to others in a non-judgmental way.
- High school or equivalent.
- Completion or enrollment in required apprenticeships or certifications.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in construction.
- Experience using heavy equipment and variety of tools.
- Satisfactory verification of criminal record check.
- Valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Physically able to kneel and crouch as well as lift, carry, push or pull objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Occupational First Aid Level 2.
- Skid Steer Certification.
What We Value
- Creating trusting and successful working relationships.
- Setting clear, measurable and achievable goals.
- Cooperating with team members in an open, positive and respectful manner.
- Staying current with technical job skills.
- Taking responsibility for the outcomes of decisions and actions.
You primarily work on site during regular business hours. Work has exposure to noise from equipment/machinery and occupational hazards as well as dealing with inclement weather and dust. Overtime may occasionally be required.
Foxridge Homes BC is an award-winning division of Qualico®, one of Western Canada’s largest fully integrated, privately owned real estate companies, with over 70 years of experience. Every year, more than 3,000 families across Canada choose Qualico as their homebuilder.
At Foxridge Homes, our focus is on building quality single-family homes made possible by our talented team of experienced professionals, most of whom have been with the company for many years. This, coupled with our highly skilled long-term trade partners who are all dedicated to offering thoughtfully designed plans, quality materials, and solid value contribute to building a great new single-family home with more style, more choice and more value.
As Metro Vancouver’s largest and most trusted single-family homebuilder, our communities can be found across the Lower Mainland including Coquitlam, Langley, and South Surrey. To learn more, click here.
Qualico welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Candidates being considered will be contacted. We thank you for your interest. Join our Talent Community to stay up to date on job opportunities and to find out why we have the best reason to come to work every day.
Closing Date: March 30, 2023
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.