LUXTON CONSTRUCTION INC.
Luxton Construction is a locally owned full-service general Contractor based in Vancouver, British Columbia. Our aim is for our clients to associate Luxton with an uncompromising commitment to excellence in project delivery. We strive to provide a positive environment for each project by engaging with our customers to understand their needs and supporting our employees to succeed and grow as we grow.
Getting our employees home safely every night is our top priority. We have created a culture committed to the health and safety of our employees, clients, and the public. Our strength is in our people. We respect our people, enable, and empower them, and support them to grow.
For more information, please visit www.luxtonconstruction.ca
We are looking for Skilled Labourers to join our team. In this role, you will be assigned to one of our construction jobs where you will be hands-on under supervision of a working foreman.
- General manual labour, cleaning and preparing sites.
- Assisting trades with concrete forms/finishing, ground works such as raking, shoveling, unloading trucks and maintenance tasks.
- Conducting general site maintenance, while adhering to safety policies and guidelines.
- Ability to operate machinery is an asset such as Telehandlers, boom lift, skid steerer, Excavators etc.
- Operate hand tools as directed and other labour duties as assigned.
- Should have no past criminal record and should be able to get Personnel Security Screening Service (PSSS) clearance under Public Works.
- Should be available to work from 7:00 AM till 5:30 PM from Monday to Friday. (Should be comfortable working 10- 12 hours per day shifts and Saturday shifts depending on project needs)
- 1 – 2 years of experience in the construction industry would be ideal.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Forklift license and other construction safety certificates, trainings would be an asset.
- Ability to lift, handle and move up to 50 lbs.
- A willingness to work outside in various weather conditions.
- Work safely around heavy construction equipment.
- Willing and able to travel and work on projects away from home base for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to commit to full time employment.
- Standing for extended periods of time and repetitive tasks.
- Must wear personal protective equipment.
- Flexible to take on different tasks.
- Ability to work shifts and extended hours if required to meet deadlines.
- Group Medical, Extended Health and Dental Plan.
- Living out allowance of $50/working day for work performed outside of the lower mainland/home base on top of your wages.
- Paid accommodations for work performed outside of the lower mainland/home base on top of your wages.
- Steady, year-round employment.
- Ability to travel to beautiful places across Canada.
- Annual employee events and Christmas parties.
As our ideal candidate, you’ll have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Your positive attitude and willingness to be a team player will combine with your technical knowledge and experience to ensure your success in this role. You can work both independently and within a team, with a flexible nature and ability to help with whatever you can.
Luxton Construction is committed to fair and accessible employment practices, and we are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please indicate so in your application.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Luxton Construction Inc. is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. Our goal is to create an inclusive, accessible environment for our candidates and employees that reflects the communities in which we operate. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other types of accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Must be legally eligible to work for any employer in Canada
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company car
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Esquimalt, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony or any criminal history?
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
- construction: 2 years (required)
- English (required)
- Class 5 Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.