Milestone Environmental Contracting Inc.
Do you love a challenge? Are you interested in doing more than just talking about saving the Environment? Milestone Environmental Contracting takes on some of the most complex environmental clean up projects across Canada, making a lasting benefit to our environment and our community. We specialize in soil and ground remediation, water treatment, heavy civil construction, building decommissioning, land reclamation and rehabilitating sensitive habitats. At Milestone, we dare our clients to let us help them tackle their toughest jobs! We are successful because we have the best team using the latest technology and techniques to develop innovative solutions in a fast paced and everchanging environment. We rarely do the same thing twice and always have fun while doing it. This can be a tough job and isn’t for everyone. Milestone is up to the challenge, are you?
What makes Milestone the place to work? We are a people first, employee-owned company that dedicates our time to saving the environment. We offer competitive wages and benefits, and we ensure all employees have the opportunity for professional growth and development. Other companies may say the are people first, but we live up to it. This is a promise we have been able to deliver on for the last 10 years and we continue growing stronger. If you think you are a fit, then we want you to grow with us.
Learn more about us and what we do on our website!
Milestone Environmental Contracting Inc. (MECI) is seeking a Superintendent to manage all site activities performed on their designated project. Oversight should ensure that projects are completed safely, within schedule, and on budget.
As the Superintendent you must foster a collaborative work environment and be able to problem solve while managing the variability posed by our challenging worksites
- Reads, understands and follows MECI’s Corporate Health and Safety Program, Policy and Procedures
- Keep training up to date in line with MECI programs.
- Follow all Covid 19 related protocols and procedures.
- Have a working knowledge of WorkSafe BC rules and regulations.
- Communicate effectively with MECI’s safety department and disseminate pertinent safety information to the project team and subcontractors.
- Reads and understands the project scope, project control estimate and client contract.
- Reviews and understands project related subcontracts.
- Communicates and tracks any changes to project scope, requests for additional work, client contract or subcontracts to PM.
- Review and understanding of relevant project specification and drawings.
- Participate in the development of site specific workplans and schedules, communicating that information to the onsite team.
- Implement site specific workplans and continually audit their effectiveness against project specifications to ensure quality and accuracy of work completed.
- Provide daily updates on progress to Project Manager.
- Maintain and update project schedule as required.
- Shift duration and frequency is variable and dependent on project and client requirements Shifts can include weekends and holidays.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Civil/Environmental Engineering Degree or Civil Engineering Technologist or Technician Diploma and/or equivalent field experience is an asset.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experiences from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a Superintendent role is required.
- Experience in the Civil/Environmental industry is an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Team player with strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Disciplined, motivated self-starter capable of high performance with minimal supervision.
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail.
- Able to understand and prioritize requests.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather.
- Intermediate computer skills (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Office)
- Ability to interpret and read engineering drawings / specifications.
Onsite work environment is outdoors and subject to all weather conditions. Must be willing to travel anywhere in BC. Out of province travel may also be required. Shift duration and frequency is variable and dependent on project and client requirements Shifts can include weekends and holidays.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- Site Superintendent: 5 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.