Harvest Operations Corp.
Site Automation Engineer/Technologist
Reports to Direct reports
The Automation Engineering/Technologist understands and executes Harvest company objectives and policies within their area. The Automation Engineering/Technologist will perform work duties and follow all Harvest policies, procedures and processes.
- Site Automation Engineer/Technologist will be responsible for providing technical accountability to the safe and reliable operation of the complete site Safety and
Automation System (SAS) and its hardware, software, configuration and functionality.
- Actively participate in Harvest safety programs and abide by safety policies
- Execute SAS Maintenance, reliability and spare parts management
- Manage relationships with SAS Vendors regarding licensing, updates, patches, service agreements, service nodes, spare parts and L2/L3 service
- Execute WO, MOC and small projects specifically DCS only operations improvement.
- Participate in Process Hazard assessments as required.
- Develop SAS specific and participate in larger process optimization initiatives
- Support and execute Alarm Rationalization and alarm management
- Manage SAS measurement system configuration.
- Manage SAS OMS system configuration including PHD
- Manage SAS DMZ level 3.5 AD, IP integrity and reliability
- Manage SAS configuration files storage offline
- Support IT in all aspects of a standard 5 level IT/OT integrated architecture
- Manage and Maintain Critical SAS documentation
- Support site commissioning, startup, first steam, ESP conversions, and production ramp up including PSSR handover.
- Provide and Execute direct support for operations and control room operators.
- Manage integrity of process control configuration include basic control (loop health)
Shutdowns, sequences, complex loops etc.
- Responsible for execution, monitoring, and reporting of SAS overall Health, safety, and reliability including loops in manual, bypasses, alarms, control/network loading.
- Develop and Execute SAS preventative maintenance procedures.
- Execute SAS Disaster Recovery/Backup procedures.
- Supporting the Automation Engineer, Develop and Execute Cyber Security and Disaster
- Execute as required SAS Break fix and participate in site ERP as directed.
- Support Automation Engineer, with technical input, standards and specifications development where required
- Develop and execute Configuration templates and standards management for the following system components: o Control Module o Screen Configuration o Scripting o Graphical Shapes
- Maintain competencies for critical components of SAS including understanding of the latest industry and vendor innovation and trends.
- APEGGA Professional Engineer with 5 – 10 years of related experience or Technologist with 5 – 10 years of similar related experience.
- Experience with plant construction, commissioning and start-ups.
- Experience in an operating facility, managing a team of people, contractors and service providers.
- Demonstrated working and design knowledge of SAS (DCS, PLC, SCADA, SSS)
- Demonstrated working and design knowledge of OT systems hardware and software
- Demonstrated ability to interface with Operations and other Stakeholders
- Well-developed communication (English) and interpersonal skills
- Successful participation in a team environment
- Clear understanding of preventative maintenance and system monitoring
- Clear understanding of Disaster Recovery Programs, Recovery Planning and start-up support
- Recent experience working shift in a SAGD process facility in a 24/7 operating environment in safety sensitive roles is required
- Good working knowledge of standard 5 level integrated OT/IT architecture is preferred
- Good working knowledge of virtualization, VMware etc.
- Primary Knowledge of the following hardware, software, architecture and configuration is required o Honeywell Experion PKS
▪ R500 software
▪ C300 controllers
▪ Safety Manager
▪ FDM o Rockwell Control logic, factory talk HMI o Network management including switches and firewalls
- Working knowledge of the following Third party interfaces/applications is preferred o Ethernet IP o Modbus o Devicenet o Smart MCCs o Siemans PLC o Haliburton DTS o Datataker RTUs
o Horner PLC
o Kilowatt truck loading
o Emerson AMS
o OMS applications
- Independent, motivated, organized, data driven, decisive.
- Continually looks for developmental opportunities
- Create a sustainable continuous improvement culture by continually seeking to improve performance and their work processes to be better, more efficient, more effective and safer. This includes challenging the status quo and identifying and executing both strategic and focused improvement efforts that directly support the Plan, Execute,
Review, Improve (PERI) cycle
- Hold peers and leaders accountable for taking initiative to solve problems and improve his or her job and for creating conditions in which a sustainable culture of continuous improvement can exist
- Prioritize, organize and direct work
- Ensure current and future talent / skill needs ae met through development and staffing
- Execute responsibilities according to Harvest’ Safety, Environmental and Regulatory
- Uphold Harvest’ commitment to achieving environmental performance expectations in all aspects of the business
- Collaborate across teams by sharing learning, best practice, and providing data / feedback objectively
Please reference “Job Posting #10290 – Site Automation Engineer/Technologist” in the subject of your email.
We sincerely thank those who apply, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Conklin, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-01-09
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.