Employment Sort: Full-Time, Everlasting
Work Hours: 35 hours per week, Wednesday to Sunday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
(on -call obligations; could also be required to work occasional overnights)
Wage: $52,348 yearly (L6), plus complete advantages
Location: 348 Davenport Street Toronto, ON, M5R 1K6
Inner Software Deadline: Thursday, November 23, 2023
Exterior Software Deadline: Monday November 27, 2023
JOIN OUR TEAM
YWCA Toronto strives to uphold anti-discrimination practices and anti-oppression rules to make sure that the rights of all people are revered and guarded. We work to advertise a local weather that’s welcoming of all ladies and people who determine as trans, intersex, non-binary, agender, and/or Two-Spirit. We encourage purposes from ladies and gender various individuals from all races, ethnic origins, religions, talents and sexual orientations.
The Shelter Help Employee works inside a collaborative crew to offer significant and related companies inside a theoretical feminist framework that features a working data of the dynamics and results of trauma and oppression. They act as a useful resource to employees and shoppers and is chargeable for offering a full vary of companies which incorporates disaster counselling, case administration and the event, implementation and analysis of workshops. The place shares within the duty of the general well being and security of the constructing and can work in an open shelter/work setting with out a devoted workplace area.
ABOUT YWCA TORONTO – YWCA DAVENPORT
YWCA Davenport gives as much as 80 emergency shelter beds to younger ladies and gender various individuals (16 – 24 years of age) and grownup ladies and gender various individuals (25 and older) and is staffed 24 hours a day. This pet pleasant shelter is funded by the Metropolis of Toronto and adheres to Toronto Shelter Requirements.
• Applies data of the problems of trauma and the dynamics of girl and gender various individuals abuse and homelessness to develop and implement efficient assist methods;
• Completes danger assessments and security plans;
• Fashions and coaches residents to make use of battle decision and mediation abilities to assist optimistic relations between residents;
• Gives supportive counselling to shoppers relating to their housing choices; assesses shoppers’ housing wants by group periods or in a single to 1 interviews;
• Identifies tenancy assist required and, in collaboration with the consumer, develops an individualized housing and tenancy assist plan;
Shelter Help Employee Line 3, YWCA Davenport Web page 2 of two
• Engages with the employees crew in reflective apply, to make sure the event and implementation of high quality packages and companies;
• Contributes data and experience to crew members to develop significant and related companies for shoppers.
• In-depth data of an instructional self-discipline usually acquired by completion of a supervised undergraduate diploma (e.g. BSW). An analytical framework that identifies shoppers’ relation to social methods and the demonstrated sensible utility of this framework (Instances for Equivalency will probably be thought-about);
• Completion of workshops and programs pertaining to psychological sickness, trauma, hurt discount, disaster de-escalation and anti-oppressive apply;
• 1 to three years’ expertise in counselling and group work centered on shoppers in danger and/or homeless ladies;
• Completion of Toronto Hostel’s Coaching Certificates (T.H.T.C.) or equal;
• Demonstrated data of hurt discount rules and apply;
• Demonstrated data of neighborhood assets and helps centered on psychological well being and group assist;
• In-depth data of the dynamics of girl abuse and trauma inside an anti-oppression framework;
• Demonstrated expertise within the improvement, supply and analysis of workshops and teams;
• Expertise delivering culturally delicate companies in a multicultural setting;
• Wonderful communication and interpersonal abilities;
• Data and understanding of psychological well being, substance use/addictions, advocacy, refugee and immigration points and homelessness;
• Life Abilities Certificates an asset;
• A certificates in trauma counselling can be an asset;
• Data of a second language and/or tradition can be an asset.
Vaccination Coverage: – In accordance with YWCA Toronto’s COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage, all YWCA Toronto staff, college students and volunteers are strongly inspired to acquire all COVID-19 vaccinations and booster doses as advisable by Toronto Public Well being.
HOW TO APPLY
Please click on or copy and paste the hyperlink in your browser to use
Please word: A weak sector police reference verify is required by the profitable candidate previous to hiring. YWCA Toronto is a unionized office. Employees are represented by CUPE Native 2189. This place is throughout the Bargaining Unit. Please point out in your cowl letter if you’re an inside candidate. For inside candidates, this place is secondable
YWCA Toronto promotes the rules of anti-oppression and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage purposes from ladies and gender various individuals of all races, ethnic origins, religions, talents and sexual orientations.
YWCA Toronto gives lodging throughout all elements of the hiring course of, upon request, to candidates with disabilities. If contacted, please advise us in the event you require any lodging. Whereas we thank all candidates for his or her curiosity, solely these chosen for an interview will probably be contacted.
YWCA Toronto is a Scent-Delicate Office.
Posting Date: November 14, 2023
$52,348 yearly (L6), plus complete advantages
Find out how to Apply
Click on the hyperlink Under to use:
About YWCA Toronto
YWCA Toronto is an affiliation by, for and about ladies, ladies and gender various individuals. Our packages promote equality, financial safety and lives free from violence. We provide a variety of housing choices, employment and coaching packages, neighborhood assist packages, ladies’ packages and household packages. We additionally have interaction in systemic advocacy.
To assist us observe our recruitment effort, please point out in your e-mail/cowl letter the place (jobsincanada.one) you noticed this job posting.