University of Saskatchewan
St. Thomas More College (STM), the Catholic liberal arts college federated with the University of Saskatchewan, invites applications for the following sessional lecturer positions for the 2022-2023 fall and winter terms:
Delivery Mode: In-person (unless named as a WEB course)
Course Dates: T2: January 4, 2023 – April 5, 2023 (not including exam period)
Department of Languages, Literatures, and Cultural Studies
Applications should be addressed and sent to:
Dr. Daniel Regnier, Department Head, [email protected]
Beginning French, I
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Wednesday, November 30, 2022, at 4:30 pm
DUTIES: The duties of a sessional lecturer include teaching, marking assignments and examinations, supervising the work of teaching assistants (if applicable), and having regular office hours.
- St. Thomas More College recognizes seniority of sessional lecturers in accordance with Article 18.104.22.168 of its Collective Agreement.
- Applicants must specify the courses for which they are applying.
- Candidates submitting application for more than one course are required to state a ranked order of teaching preference. This information will be considered in the appointment process.
- Applications should be addressed to the STM Head of the Department or Centre Co-Director in which the applicant proposes to teach.
- Applicants who have taught for STM within the last 12 months need only submit a cover letter, current curriculum vitae, and teaching evaluations (both student-based and peer).
- Candidates must submit an application including the following:
- a cover letter describing teaching and research strengths
- a current curriculum vitae; all stated contact information on the CV (including the email address, phone number, and home address at which applicants can be reached) must be current to enable contacting applicants if necessary
- a writtenresponse to the STM Mission Statement (see template )
- copies of transcripts of qualifying degree
- teaching dossier, including copies of most recent teaching evaluations (both by students and peers); if the applicant has previously taught the course for which he/she is applying, teaching evaluations from that course should be made available
- two letters of reference (please have them sent directly to the Department Head as soon as possible ; applications without reference letters will not be considered)
STIPENDS: We offer competitive stipends and a compensation package that is comparable with the University of Saskatchewan.
QUALIFICATIONS: Preference will be given to candidates with a Ph.D. in the discipline. Demonstrated experience in the course area is expected. Candidates with a Master’s degree and appropriate experience will also be considered. St. Thomas More College recognizes seniority of sessional lecturers in accordance with Article 22.214.171.124 of its Collective Agreement.
Please review the University of Saskatchewan’s health and safety requirements for faculty, staff, and students in consideration of the COVID-19 pandemic.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, this advertisement is directed in the first instance to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. St. Thomas More College (STM) is committed to diversity within its faculty. Underrepresented groups include those identified in the federal Employment Equity Act – women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, and persons with disabilities – including, but not limited to LGBTQI2+ people, and members of other designated groups are encouraged to self-identify on their application. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. Additional information about STM and the University of Saskatchewan is available at stmcollege.ca
While we appreciate all interest in these positions, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Department: Saint Thomas More
Full Time Equivalent (FTE): 1.0
Posted Date: 11/24/2022
Closing Date: 11/30/2022
Number of Openings: 1
The University believes equity, diversity, and inclusion strengthen the community and enhance excellence, innovation and creativity. We are dedicated to recruiting individuals who will enrich our work and learning environments. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. We are committed to providing accommodations to those with a disability or medical necessity. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please notify us and we will work together on the accommodation request. The University of Saskatchewan’s main campus is situated on Treaty 6 Territory and the Homeland of the Métis. We pay our respects to the First Nations and Métis ancestors of this place and reaffirm our relationship with one another. Together, we are uplifting Indigenization to a place of prominence at the University of Saskatchewan.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.