Northern Alberta Institute of Technology
Loading / Chargement…
We are sorry this posting does not have information in your chosen language
Service Support Assistant
Share this job on:
24 Nov 2023
Retail & Ancillary Services
Detailed Job Description
In order to ensure your application is received
by NAIT for thorough review and consideration, please apply directly through
our Careers site at www.nait.ca/careers
Please note: This position is limited to NAIT internal staff only.
Are you an engaging, organized and
service-oriented person that enjoys taking initiative and supporting a variety
of projects in a team environment? The Parking Services and one AT NAIT teams are
looking for a Services Support Assistant who has excellent interpersonal and
organizational skills, and a passion for exemplary service. This role is an
integral support for the department’s team, and is expected to represent NAIT
in a positive, professional manner. If you take pride in your work and can see
yourself as our new team member, then we welcome your application!
- Acts as the first point of contact for Parking Services and support
one AT NAIT with in-person, phone, email inquiries.
- Assists in-person customers with the purchase or refund of a parking
permit or a bike locker/compound.
- Processes and manages department visitor parking reservations
- Manages the purchase/refund of underground permits and the required
- Provides help and information with online parking permit systems, pay
machines, parking policies and procedures, parking fees and lot locations,
wayfinding, and bike lockers.
- Assists with refunds, audits, waitlists, pay machine issues and
- Liaise with Parking Enforcement team regarding enforcement inquires
and pay machine communications.
- Supports the NAIT community in the creation, activation, and
distribution of one AT NAIT cards for students, staff, contractors, and guests.
- Assists staff, students and departments with locker reservations,
changes, special requests, payments, lock combination retrieval.
- Assists with maintaining inventory of locks and lockers, including
physical location and attributes of lockers, locker maps, locker groups,
pricing, fees, configuration, lock rotations and locker clearances.
- Troubleshoots minor hardware/software issues and escalates concerns
to the appropriate individual, as required.
- Listens and responds to issues and concerns brought forth by
members of the NAIT community, ensuring full customer satisfaction.
Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency in using computers and computer systems such as:
T2 systems, mobile payment app (Honk), and Microsoft Office.
- Confident working independently, while supporting and contributing
to team goals and objectives.
- Excellent skills in customer service, verbal, and written
communication, working with diverse populations, and teamwork.
- The ability to learn and follow established department guidelines
and procedures; exercise discretion, maintain confidentiality and
- Must have the ability to de-escalate challenging situations with
customers, maintaining a calm and professional demeanor.
- Strong attention to detail, while often working under tight timelines.
- Must have the ability to learn new software and technologies and possess
strong skills related to word processing and spreadsheet use.
- Flexibility with scheduling, including the ability to work
increased hours during peak periods and some evening and weekend shifts.
- Completion of Grade 12
- Post-secondary education would be an asset.
- Demonstrated success providing outstanding customer service for 3
to 5 years preferred.
- Previous experience working in a post-secondary institution would
be an asset.
- Ability to lift to 25 lbs.
- Equivalencies may be considered.
Remuneration: $39,530.14 – $ 50,840.66 annually, plus
a comprehensive benefits package. (Classification – Administrative Support III).
This position is covered by the Alberta Union of Provincial Employees
(AUPE) Collective Agreement.
Please submit a
resume and cover letter to be considered for this opportunity.
At NAIT, people matter.
We’re proud to have been named one of Alberta’s Top Employers for
12 consecutive years. Developing an engaging, supportive, and rewarding work
culture is something we take seriously. We know that people are our biggest
asset – they are what makes NAIT a great place to work.
At NAIT, you are part of a community that makes a difference in the
lives of students, staff and industry clients and partners. The NAIT culture
reflects our shared values of respect, collaboration, celebration, creativity,
and accountability. We are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and
are a proud partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and
Inclusion and Pride at Work Canada. NAIT is committed to
advancing equity and cultivating inclusion throughout the hiring process. We
especially encourage applications from Aboriginal and Indigenous people, Black
and racialized people, gender and sexually diverse (2SLGBTQIA+ and women) people,
immigrants, and people with disabilities.
What we offer
We’ve created a benefits package that focuses on health and wellness,
professional and personal growth, recognition, and work-life balance.
NAIT is a flexible workplace and depending on the nature of your role,
you may request flexible work arrangements with respect to where and when you
work, including being on-campus full-time, working off-site, or a combination
of the two.
Employees also have access to excellent vacation time, paid time off
between Christmas and New Year’s, a strong recognition program, learning
opportunities, 2 annual all-staff professional development days and so much
Health and safety
can find the latest information on NAIT’s response to COVID-19 at nait.ca/covid19.
Applicants with education credentials earned outside of Canada who have
not had them previously assessed should have their credentials evaluated by
World Education Services or the International Qualifications
Assessment Service (IQAS)
NAIT is an inclusive employer and strives to hire a diverse workforce.
If you are contacted by us regarding a job opportunity, please don’t hesitate
to contact us if you require any accommodation during the selection process.
Please contact us via email at [email protected].
We thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an
interview will be contacted.
Job Posting Attachments
Sorry, but the page you are looking for cannot be found, or maybe it was moved.
Please send applications to the following email address:
This job opportunity requires application at an external source. Please click here
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.