Broadway Subway Constructors General Partnership
Reporting to the Construction Quality Manager, the Senior Tunnel Quality Lead is responsible for aiding and support including but not limited to the TBM Quality Leads / Inspectors, tunnel team, subcontractors, inspectors in the arrangement, reporting, and Quality functions of the project scope involved in tunneling, boring, inspection and miscellaneous. This is a role that works with the core components of the tunnel construction project and the quality management system’s tools and processes. Assigned to review and ensure the precast quality documentation, site testing results, inspections and declarations are available to meet the contractual quality requirements
- Ensures Quality requirements comply, including concrete precast documentation, inspection, and testing.
- Monitor, request and oversee the P.Eng. declarations required for each precast element prior to release to site.
- Review and report daily inspections and installation and ensure the data is recorded on the ring tracker and the information provided is accurate.
- Assist and review quality documentation, including but not limited to inspection and test plans, inspection checklists, quality records, reports etc. and comply with project quality requirements.
- Monitor the TBM manufacturing process and records verification for compliance with contract requirements. Collect the required supporting documents and hold periodic meetings with the TBM manufacturer as needed.
- Coordinate correspondence responses and investigations with the site team and technical specialists.
- Verify as-builts, quality inspection checklists, test reports and specifications, to verify that supporting documents follow the design and project requirements.
- Monitor and report TBM inspections. Review and assess inspection reports, checklists and release completed areas as per approved ITPs and project requirements.
- Cooperate with superintendents, coordinators and management to report quality compliance based on testing and inspection reports.
- Support the construction roles in the management and control of subcontractors.
- Manage client and third-party notifications, ensuring they are present for critical inspection activities such as hold, and witness points defined within ITPs and inspection requests.
- Assure the tunnel construction inspection and testing activities are performed, maintain the quality traceability system, final product deliveries are received on time, and documentation is complete for turnover purposes.
- Monitor calibration records properly to confirm the reliability of all measuring instruments and equipment.
- Communicate inspection findings for self-performed and subcontracted work, evaluate inspection reports highlight issues or action items. Monitor and enforce punch list completion and resolve all open items in a timely matter.
- Identify and report non-compliant Construction Work and supplied product when discovered, and review/ monitor disposition of non-Compliances with the company quality standards and the project quality plan.
- Assist, take part and cooperate in all the internal/external audits if required.
- Oversee and review documentation, coordinate test pack preparation and final turnover documentation activities to comply with contractual documentation and ensure a smooth handover.
- In the event of an incident or issue at the site, out of hours availability to communicate with the tunnel, quality team and third parties.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Strong organization, time management, and detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for quality, with the ability to motivate the team, enforce and comply with quality requirements.
- Knowledge and experience with CSA A23.1/A23.3/A23.4/G-30.18-09/W47.1/ and other relevant specifications.
- Team player with the ability to meet deadlines, targets and objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or acceptable combination education and or experience.
- Direct experience in tunnelling, boring, welding, pre-cast, grouting and pipefitting.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in the construction of transit projects with at least 6 years of supervisory and quality experience.All Terra Engineering & Construction jobs
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- construction of transit projects (LRT): 8 years (preferred)
- supervisory: 6 years (preferred)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.