About the Team
Outreach is a fast-growing startup, disrupting the sales execution industry with our innovative products and services. We believe there are large swaths of value still locked in sales team data and we are putting an effort behind building out the best team to help Outreach and our customers succeed through the use of data. As our customer base grows, the desire for more insights, better coaching, and efficiency improvements outpace the supply. We are expanding the Data Pipeline engineering team to focus on delivering the next-generation data interaction experience. This will be a critical role that has the chance to expand and flesh out the existing data platform to support big data query and processing needs of feature teams, business intelligence, analytics, and data science.
As a Senior Staff Software Engineer, you will play a critical role in building and maintaining our data platform, forming our data-driven decision-making foundation. You will work alongside a talented team of software engineers, data scientists, and product managers to deliver high-quality data products that transform the way our customers do business.
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field• At least 8 years of experience in software engineering and data engineering, with a focus on designing and building data platforms• Strong experience with cloud-based data platforms, such as AWS or GCPExperience with data processing frameworks, such as Spark or Hadoop• Experience with modern Lakehouse table formats; such as Delta Lake, Apache Iceberg, Apache Hudi• Strong programming skills in Python, Ruby, or GoExperience with data modeling, data warehousing, and ETL processes• Experience with infrastructure management, such as Kubernetes and Terraform• Experience with data security and privacy measuresExcellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail• Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced startup environment
Location: Seattle, WA (hybrid)
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Design and implement our cutting-edge data platform, leveraging the latest technologies and best practices to deliver unparalleled performance, scalability, and reliability
- Develop sophisticated data pipelines that power our data analytics, machine learning, and business intelligence applications, enabling our customers to make data-driven decisions
- Implement robust data security and privacy measures, ensuring that our sensitive data is protected from unauthorized access and breaches
- Collaborate closely with software engineers to seamlessly integrate our data platform components into our software applications, creating a seamless user experience
- Develop and maintain monitoring and alerting systems that ensure our data platform is always available and performing optimally
- Continuously evaluate and improve the performance, scalability, and reliability of our data platform, keeping up-to-date with the latest industry trends and best practices
- Mentor and train junior data engineers, sharing your knowledge and expertise to help grow the team
The base salary range for this role is $225,000-$265,000. You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience. We also have a location-based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents • Flexible time off • 401k to help you save for the future• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women’s Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute’s Bringing Home Baby course for new parents• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen • We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.