NextSense’s vision is to be the foundation of brain health and establish a new paradigm in neurocare. Powered by a disruptive brain-sensing earbud technology and digital ecosystem, our mission is to establish new ways of diagnosing and optimizing therapy for diverse neurological conditions. We hope to unlock brain health for everyone with real world data insights and practical, scientific wisdom for daily living.
About the Job:
As a ML/Research Scientist, you will play a crucial role in developing next-generation wearable neurotechnologies. You will design, implement, and lead innovative research to develop novel digital biomarkers and applications for various neurological conditions. You will work with industry partners and academic leaders on clinical trials and collaborative research projects. You will collaborate with an interdisciplinary team of scientists, medical specialists, HW/SW engineers, and product managers to translate fundamental scientific knowledge into clinical and consumer products.
- Design, execute, and present cutting-edge research to advance our biosensing earbud technology.
- Apply signal processing, machine learning, and statistical analysis to decode biosignals.
- Develop algorithms for automated detection of healthy and pathological neural signatures
- Contribute to the implementation of data analysis pipelines for large-scale physiological signals from clinical studies.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret data for pilot and clinical studies.
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams to integrate the latest research into prototypes and products.
- Assist in writing peer-reviewed publications and conference abstracts.
- Engage in building tools, libraries, or processes that are used throughout the company or in the open-source community.
- Masters in computational neuroscience, systems neuroscience, bioengineering, bioinformatics, computer science, electrical engineering, or related fields/experience
- Strong Python programming skills; ability to demonstrate mastery through work experience or personal projects
- Strong technical skills associated with biosignal time-series analysis, including signal processing, machine/deep learning, advanced statistics, and data visualization
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal communication, and presentation skills
- Passionate about neurotechnologies and their potential to benefit society
- 5+ years industry experience
- Comfortable conducting conventional and mobile EEG recordings or willing to learn
- Experience with cloud-based platforms (GCP preferred)
- Ability to strive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Demonstrated productive publishing record
- Experience with version control (e.g., Git)
- Our careers benefits include but are not limited to the following:
- Flexible/hybrid work schedule (built-in work from home days)
- Retirement savings (no employer matching at this stage)
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Wellness-bundle, commuter benefits
- Paid vacation, holidays, parental leave
Mountain View, CA (not a remote position)
At this time NextSense is only considering candidates for this role who are eligible to legally work in the US without any Visa sponsor/transfer requirements now or in the future. Eligible candidates who can work on a TN Visa from Mexico or Canada will be considered.