Founded in 1999, Laporte Consultants is an engineering firm specialized in process, building and utilities. With more than 450 employees, Laporte provides a complete range of professional services to pharmaceutical, biotechnological, food & beverage and industrial companies. Moreover, the company operates in Canada, the United States and Europe.
For more information, visit our website: www.laporteconsultants.com.
Laporte Consultants is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer (Building Systems) to fill an open position for our office in Toronto, ON. The ideal candidate needs to have at least 5 years of experience in the design and construction of HVAC systems in the pharmaceutical, life sciences or food & beverage industries and be able to support building systems such as chillers and boilers.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Participate in client needs analysis and project definition;
- Lead all project phases and deliver the agreed scope, timelines and budget;
- Design of plant utilities, such as: HVAC, Plumbing systems (drainage, water distribution, emergency shower, etc.), Compressed air systems, Boiler, steam & condensate and heating medium systems, Chiller and cooling medium systems;
- Prepare drawings and specifications;
- Evaluate and select equipment, technologies and suppliers;
- Partner with cross functional team members;
- Supervise equipment installation, start-up and qualification;
- Visit project sites for information and project related activities;
- Construction support to ensure installation is as per the design.
- Excellent skills in technical support, troubleshooting and AutoCAD/Revit;
- Experience in consulting engineering is an asset;
- Experience in Mechanical Engineering for industrial, food and beverage or pharmaceutical facilities is an asset;
- Experience in designing plant utilities for industrial, food and beverage or pharmaceutical facilities;
- Solid knowledge of ASHRAE, ASME, NFPA and other applicable local standards;
- Knowledge in pipe stress analysis and process piping design is an asset;
- Able to travel to client sites, when required.
- P. Eng. designation;
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements;
- Pursuit of excellence;
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results;
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, listening and interpersonal with the ability to transfer knowledge to others;
- Capability to engage and energize others to reach their fullest potential and performance;
- Flexibility to travel to external manufacturing sites as needed;
- Experience in project management and leading multidiscipline teams would be an asset;
- Construction management and commissioning experience would be an asset.
Come join a company that is currently expanding across multiple geographic setups in North America and Latin America. Laporte offers a competitive salary and benefits and an environment that promotes accountability and professional growth. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: From $80,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Commuter benefits
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.