Senior Mechanical Engineer Job Brief
We have a job vacancy of Senior Mechanical Engineer in our company, Nordmin Engineering. This vacancy is based in Thunder Bay ON. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer Job
Company: Nordmin Engineering
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Thunder Bay ON
Last Date to Apply:
URL Expiry: 2023-04-10
Posted on: jobsincanada.one
Looking to join a team that will support your development and career goals?
Now in our 17th year of operation, Nordmin Engineering Ltd. is a technical resource of choice for the mining and resource sectors. Built to respond quickly and deliver results on time and on budget, Nordmin utilizes its knowledge, experience and innovation to provide solutions.
With personnel across our three offices (Thunder Bay and Sudbury, Ontario and Salt Lake City, Utah), we are a midsize consulting firm that works to provide full-service, multi-discipline solutions.
Nordmin Engineering Ltd., a division of Nordmin Group of Companies, is presently accepting resumes for the following position:
SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER
The successful applicant will be working primarily in the mining industry on surface infrastructure and mineral processing projects. This candidate will have a positive and enthusiastic attitude, be a team player and have a willingness to learn continuously. This interactive role must engage with various departments and clients.
· Ability to guide project design teams and junior staff on designs and layouts.
· Prepare plans, designs and calculations for construction projects or studies.
· Prepare technical specifications for equipment procurement and installation.
· Contribute to the delivery of multidiscipline engineering design by liaising with other disciplines to coordinate technical information.
· Prior experience working with an engineering consulting firm, equipment vendors or mining companies on mining or mineral processing projects.
· Some travel required (10%).
· Excellent communication and organizational skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Mechanical engineering degree graduate
- Eligible for registration or licensed professional engineer in the province of Ontario and are willing to obtain your license in other jurisdictions. PE in the United States is an asset.
- 10 or more years of experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Committed to continual improvement and learning.
PROVIDED BY NORDMIN
- An excellent working environment focused on client needs and project delivery in a flexible, inclusive team.
- Access to training and upgrading opportunities.
- Highly competitive salary, paid overtime, a matching RRSP system and profit sharing when possible.
- Extended Health & Dental Benefits
- Access to an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- A Wellness Allowance.
- Reasonably flexible working arrangements.
- A caring and responsive management group that works with our employees to resolve any issue
Nordmin is a great place to work with great people. Come work with a highly skilled team, executing world class projects with the Nordmin family.
Nordmin is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to providing an inclusive recruitment and selection process. Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request as required by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Work Location: One location
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://jobsincanada.one/report-job/
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.