Canadian Red Cross
Title: Senior Manager – Education and Training
Location: Remote/Virtual (Canada)
Employment status: Full-time, permanent
Salary band: from $77,338 to $96,672 annually
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC), an iconic brand and one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet, is seeking a Senior Manager – Education and Training to join our Risk Reduction & Resilience team.
You have a passion for helping others, and want to work with other dedicated individuals? By applying, you are taking a big first step to be part of an exciting organization.
At the Canadian Red Cross, we are guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons to apply, particularly Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, racialized people, and people with diverse gender identities and sexual orientations, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
The CRC seeks to ensure excellence in the design and delivery of capacity building support services related to its Risk Reduction & Resilience (RR&R) programming with specific attention addressing the needs and ensuring inclusion of specific populations including Indigenous Peoples, disaster impacted or at risk, and youth. This includes Creating Safe Environment (CSE) and Disaster Risk Reduction / Climate Change Adaptation (DRR/CCA) curriculum and resource development, establish, and maintain program standards for development and delivery of the trainings / learning modules, and ensures trainer capacity to meet service standards and delivery demand.
As part of a national RR&R Team, the Senior Manager – Education and Training will contribute towards CRC commitments to the delivery of services demonstrating cultural safety and competence aligning with CRC’s Indigenous Peoples Framework and CSE operational plan. The incumbent will also support the development of DRR/CCA tools, resources and learning modules reflecting contribution to our DRR/CCA Framework and CRC Vision 2025.
In this role, your responsibilities will be divided into several aspects
Responsibility 1: Planning
- Participate in the design of operational plans and processes to ensure development and delivery.
- Build and maintain standards to ensure exceptional development and deliver of training.
- Provide technical and cultural guidance to team, including trainers to ensure service delivery is aligned to the commitments and frameworks of the organization.
- While working collaboratively with provincial and national staff, identify goals to increase the awareness within geographies, including Indigenous communities, of the CRC services contributing to capacity building.
- Oversee the development and dissemination of promotional materials.
- Evaluate the quality of the delivered product and make recommendations to adjust the trainings to optimise its response to cultural considerations and community priorities.
Responsibility 2: Curriculum Development and Quality Management
- Ensure the latest statistics, tends, and information pertaining to the development of curriculum is researched to ensure evidence informed trainings.
- While working with Prevention and Safety, develop the content for CSE and DRR / CCA training curriculums and resources which has been identified as a need by teams and research.
- Modify training content to ensure cultural competency, and to meet the learning requirements.
- Ensures evaluation of all materials with a cultural lens, for professional formatting and evidence informed content.
Responsibility 3: Engagement and Delivery of Training
- Contribute towards the identification of internal partnerships at the regional and national level to increase CRC’s surge capacity to provide culturally safe and competent trainings.
- Work alongside initiatives by the Indigenous Relations Team to deepen and maintain strategic relationships with Indigenous leadership and organizations in ways that promote Indigenous representation and training capacity.
- Manage and contributes to the planning and delivery for virtual and or in-person training to align with community learning goals.
- Build and delivers a development model to ensure appropriate capacity and expertise to meet the training demand.
- Contribute towards ensuring Indigenous considerations are included in the trainer recruitment process.
- Ensures training and delivery standards are met.
What we are looking for:
- Masters in related discipline is preferred or a Bachelors in related discipline and 5 years adult education experience.
- Ability to manage curriculum development plans for diverse learning objectives and audiences supporting delivery at a regional, provincial, or national level.
- Experience managing a team in developing and delivering programming.
- Experience working within social work, mental health, and wellness streams.
- Experience working in a distance supervision setting.
- Strong knowledge of Indigenous communities and culture throughout Canada constitutes an asset.
- Knowledge of English is mandatory, knowledge of French or an indigenous language constitutes and asset.
- This is a full-time, permanent position.
- This is a remote position; work can be performed from anywhere in Canada.
- The incumbent can expect occasional, infrequent, travel across Canada.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC)
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground).
This position is open until filled, however qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Qualified applicants who apply after the selection process has started, may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.