The Business Continuity (BC) Senior Manager will join the Business Resilience department as it grows, scales, and matures the firm’s Business Resilience Program. The BC Senior Manager will assist in creating capabilities within Business Resilience to better understand and manage the firm’s Business Continuity, Third Party Resilience, and Cyber Resilience risks and align with critical infrastructure support partners. This includes the ongoing design and management of the Business Resilience framework: identifying, measuring, responding to, managing, and reporting on the risks to the firm’s resilience, such as operational, third party, cyber resilience, and other risk types.
Senior Manager is responsible for:
- Supporting Business Resilience Programs covering Business Continuity Planning, Third Party Resilience, Cyber Resilience, and Information Technology Resilience as part of the Business Resilience Team
- Serving as a member of cross functional teams, contributing to alignment of Business Resilience strategies with critical technology and facilities infrastructure support partners.
- Contributing to the establishment, maintenance, and embedding of the Business Resilience Framework, policies, and programs.
- Engaging with stakeholders in developing Business Resilience standards, guidelines, governance and reporting processes.
- Documenting control requirements and mapping to industry frameworks, like NIST
- Partnering with Enterprise Risk, Internal Audit, and other Risk Partners to ensure regulatory requirements are being met and comply with the firms business and infrastructure resilience strategies.
- Understanding BCP and Third Party regulatory requirements that are applied to the Financial Services Industry.
- Clearly communicating highly complex models and business concepts to all levels of the firm, including Sr. Leadership, in both written and oral form, in order to effectively influence critical decisions or actions.
- Proactively working to impact current and future business results and decisions.
- Participating in and leading exercises to test the capacity and effectiveness of the resilience, recovery, and response plans.
- Demonstrated ability to apply operational risk management principles to business and technology processes.
- Demonstrated direct and/or cross-functional team leadership skills.
- Ability to understand (or learn) 3rd party business functions as well as the Technology functions relating to the 3rd party business functions and services
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, comprehend, and leverage complex risk and operational data.
- Knowledge of key program components across Resilience workstreams, including, without limitation: Governance, Resilience Planning, Infrastructure Support, Scenario Development / Testing, Crisis Management, Education and Awareness
- Experience with enterprise risk and operational risk management best-practices and controls
- Adaptable with ability to contribute or lead during crisis scenarios
Qualifications Required in the Job:
- Bachelors Degree in a business or technology related field is required. Advanced degree or certification(s) in Risk Management or Information Systems is preferred.
- Certified Business Contingency Planner (CBCP) or Member of the Business Continuity Institute (MBCI) or willingness to obtain such certification required.
*Years of Relevant Experience *
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Risk Management, Business Continuity Planning, Technology, Third Party Risk, or related work experience.
- Experience with the Financial Services Industry is preferred.
*Technical Skills *
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with technology organizations.
- Demonstrated knowledge or experience writing policies, guidelines, or audit controls.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this posting.