Cressey Development Group
Located in Vancouver, Cressey Development Group is a leading real estate firm established 50 years ago. Cressey has evolved into a company that does more than construct and manage buildings. We create communities – the kind of desirable places that people are proud to own, proud to live in, and proud to call home.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and working in a two-person IT team, the Senior IT Specialist will provide on-site end user support and is responsible for providing technical assistance related to computer systems, hardware, and operating system software for company employees at head office and remote sites. Responds to questions, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problem, and determines and implements solutions.
A successful candidate is a quick learner, is organized, a good communicator and is not afraid to roll up their sleeves when the role requires. They have a positive, “can-do” attitude and are able to build strong relationships across the company and its external vendors/consultants. They are an open, honest, and efficient communicator, and are someone that is a proactive and pragmatic problem solver. The ideal candidate must feel at home in an environment where plans and priorities can change, and is comfortable in a fast paced, complex environment.
- Configure, deploy, and maintain server hardware and software – Microsoft Windows Server, VMWare, and other core-related hardware and software
- Configure, deploy, and maintain network hardware and software – Internet circuits, firewalls, routers, switches, access points, VoIP equipment, and mobile devices
- Plan and maintain IT infrastructure to support business requirements
- Management and support of wired and wireless networks for both Head Office and remote sites
- Ensure the smooth deployment of new applications for both Head Office and remote sites
- Ensure disaster recovery plans and solutions are in place and kept up to date
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems on all infrastructure. Escalate incidents to vendors as necessary
- Assist in network and security audits
- Perform and test routine system backups and restore procedures
- Ensure the integrity, security and privacy of data
- Reviewing the state of IT infrastructure, identifying issues or opportunities, driving continuous improvement
- Ensure existing infrastructure supports organizational business requirements
- Recommend and implement software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, re-configurations and purchases
- Ensure the high-quality planning and deployment of all IT systems, support services and verbal commitments; provide effective project status updates and presentation
- Participate in and support capacity planning and development of long-term strategic goals and IT budget
- Active management of the help desk to ensure the IT needs of users are met
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum three (3) years of related experience in IT and help desk support
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree, and professional Technology Certification a plus
- Demonstrated experience supporting a variety of PC, LAN and other technical environments.
- Knowledge and ability to effectively use and troubleshoot PC’s, Mac’s, printers, Local Area Networks, Active Directory deployment and management and print server management.
- In-depth technical knowledge of standard office tools including: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access), MS Project and other desktop tools.
- Hands-on experience managing an Office 365 environment
- Knowledge of networks and software distribution tools.
- Hands-on technical experience that demonstrates the ability to effectively plan and prioritize competing deadlines and requirements
- Experience in working with the fast-paced business to determine requirements and clarify processes
- Exceptional customer service skills in supporting complex technical issues
- Excellent communication skills with strong troubleshooting and reasoning skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently document, track, troubleshoot and resolve time sensitive issues
- Demonstrated multi-tasking and organizational skills in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to build effective working relationships and demonstrate capability with cross-functional teams and vendors, as well as internal customers
- Adaptable to change and continuously seek out improvements to existing processes
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $90,000.00 per year
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Are you willing and able to work 100% on-site?
- IT and Help Desk Support: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.