Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us.
Building a World-Class Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Data and Information Management covers building, developing, designing, and implementing involved with tech data management solutions. Where do we begin? These experts analyze, design, develop and support TD’s info management system; lead and support bank data curation; develop data road map and info management strategies; focus on complex data integration, and drive use of our data reference model. This area doesn’t work in isolation. We love data and we feel the same about integration and our assignments prove it.
There’s room to grow in all of it.
Big Data practice lead will manage and lead a team of ambitious big data developers specializing in Hadoop, Azure tech stack, Python as they deliver a wide range of application or system solutions. You will be responsible to establish the roadmap for the Big Data practice for DaaS and may provide technical guidance and leadership beyond your immediate team. Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Manages a community of practice consisting of big data ingestion and curation developer responsible for data ingestion & curation into Hadoop using Java, Podium etc. and Azure Cloud
- Ensures a holistic design approach is followed by the Big data practice across projects, breaking silos
- Responsible to establish coding standards, data pipeline framework and standard data flow the practice across DaaS
- Provides leadership with an on-going focus on reusability, scalability and innovation within the community of practice
- Provides guidance on the work of practitioners as related to the quality of product(s)/work being produced, delivered & speed of delivery / to market
- Create and maintain strategic capability by enhancing depth and integrity of system knowledge
- Enhance Development Capability assessment with a continuous learning approach to grow team expertise leveraging a curated training curriculum
- Drive adoption of technical tools (such as Podium, Python, Bitbucket, Jenkins/Nexus, JIRA, Confluence, PostgreSQL, Autosys etc.) and practices as applicable
- Assist the practice in moving from big-design-up-front (Waterfall) to emergent design (Agile)
- Look for opportunities to leverage learnings across projects and collaborates with delivery partners
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency of the business unit and/or team
- Adopt and ensure full compliance with well-defined TD technology practices and standards and adopt industry best practices where applicable
- Actively participate in demand management and resourcing of delivery pods
- Set targets and objectives for the team, and deliver results
- Drives change through positive reinforcement of milestones and successes
- Provides people management leadership by hiring the best talent, setting goals, developing staff, managing employee performance and compensation decisions, promoting teamwork and handling any/all disciplinary actions, as required
- Grows team expertise to align with business/enterprise demand and direction; assess team skills and capabilities and continually look for ways to provide and enhance the value delivered
- Conducts formal performance reviews and provide on-going feedback; coach and develop employees and ensure performance management and development planning activities are undertaken and completed
- Foster an environment / culture that encourages productivity, innovation, process improvement, teamwork and a high level of professionalism
- Support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate.
- 7-10 Years of related experience.
- Strong technical expert of Big Data applications, technologies, and processes including Hadoop/Public Cloud.
- Experience in Azure Cloud technologies (Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, DataBricks, python, Synapse/SQL Server, Azure Scheduler) and Hadoop stack (HDFS, Python, Hive, MapReduce, Sqoop, Spark, etc.).
- Experience in ETL concepts and hand-on experience on more than one ETL tool including Talend and Azure DataBricks with ability to define coding standards and perform code reviews.
- Very good understanding of Linux/Unix. Working experience with process automation using Autosys, Linux shell scripting etc
- Previous development experience required with domain knowledge in banking, data warehousing, data models and data integration.
- Expert knowledge of the business, technology standards, managing people and projects.
- Advanced understanding of businesses and/or organizational practices/ disciplines.
- Strong knowledge of external competition, and/or market trends.
- Previous management experience required managing employees, contractors at onsite and offshore.
- Readiness and motivation to manage a sizeable group or team of IT professionals (e.g. <25) responsible for development/solutions design and/or system enhancements, new releases or project deliverables with increasing complexity of moderate to broad scope.
- Proven success in problem solving and coming up with strategies and plans for operational improvement.
- Analytical thinker with excellent communications and decision making skills.
- Progressively responsible experience in large scale corporate systems analysis.
- Six Sigma certifications and experience preferred
- Experience with Agile concepts preferred.
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Category – Primary
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.