Senior It Advisor Security Administrator Job Brief
We have a job vacancy of Senior It Advisor Security Administrator in our company, Intact. This vacancy is based in Montreal Quebec Canada. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Senior It Advisor Security Administrator Job
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Montreal Quebec Canada
Last Date to Apply:
URL Expiry: 2023-03-19
Posted on: jobsincanada.one
Senior It Advisor Security Administrator Job Detail
From coast-to-coast, our inspiring colleagues are at the heart of what we do best: helping people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. With our team, you’ll bring this purpose to life every day by living our Values, being open to change, and pursuing your goals.
In return, we’ll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow, alongside a diverse and passionate community of experts – the best the industry has to offer. You’ll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can help shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
About The Role
The Network Security team is responsible of the evolution, support and governance of our worldwide network and its security. The criticality of our network infrastructure and the accelerating growth of our systems leads to ever more complex challenges. Through innovation and agility, the team seeks to ensure that our infrastructure and services offering stand at the forefront of the company’s needs.
As a Network Security administrator with strong Palo Alto hands-on experience, you will be driving the advancement, performance and stability of our infrastructure and its associated components with a strong focus on innovation and automation.
- Provide high level technical expertise to support the network operations team in all activities;
- Provide technical assistance, training and mentoring to junior level administrators;
- Provide high quality internal and external customer service surrounding the company values;
- Design, implement and support of Network Security components (Palo Alto, DDoS, IPS) LAN, WAN, Data Center infrastructure, etc.
- Ensures all network infrastructure engineering patterns are appropriately designed to meet our SLA requirements.
- Responsible for writing and reviewing change request as a part of the change management process;
- Provide recommendations for improving overall network security posture
- Participation in the documentation processes including network diagrams, staff contacts, vendor contacts, utilization of monitoring/resource/inventory management tools;
- Collaborates with managers to develop standards in line with the company guidelines and monitoring those standards;
- Assisting with the resolution of escalated issues and actively participating in problem management activities;
- As a member of the network operations team participate in an on-call support rotation to ensure 24x7x365 coverage for critical core and customer infrastructure;
- Overtime in the event of emergencies is required.
- Degree or Diploma in Networking or Technology.
- 10+ years experience in IP-based large environment strongly preferred.
- Strong experience with Network security equipment (Palo Alto, Cisco ASA, IPS, DDoS, etc.)
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of the TCP/IP protocol
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment, in an organized, methodical and pleasant manner
- Ability to take ownership and co-ordinate resolution of network related problems
- Provide expert technology platform support of change control process including impact analysis, method of procedure review, implementation and verification
- Outstanding analytical and methodical troubleshooting skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Customer service focused and portrays energy, professionalism and welcoming characteristics;
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle sensitive and pressured situations;
- Ability to identify issues and help develop strategy and tactical plans for various department initiatives;
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively;
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities;
- Excellent documentation and communication skills;
- Expert level knowledge of network administration, architecture and engineering in mission critical environments;
- Expert level knowledge of network administration, architecture, and engineering in mission critical environments.
- Networking and Security certifications;
- Experience with Cisco ISE, automation (like ansible);
- Experience with Network security equipment (Cisco ASA, Palto Alto, IPS, DDoS, etc.);
- Bilingual (French and English).
What We Offer
Working here means you’ll be empowered to be and do your best every day. Here is some of what you can expect as a permanent member of our team:
- A financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan; we match 50% of net shares purchased
- An extensive flex pension and benefits package, with access to virtual healthcare
- Flexible work arrangements
- Possibility to purchase up to 5 extra days off per year
- An annual wellness account that promotes an active and healthy lifestyle
- Access to tools and resources to support physical and mental health, embracing change and connecting with colleagues
- A dynamic workplace learning ecosystem complete with learning journeys, interactive online content, and inspiring programs
- Inclusive employee-led networks to educate, inspire, amplify voices, build relationships and provide development opportunities
- Inspiring leaders and colleagues who will lift you up and help you grow
- A Community Impact program, because what you care about is a part of what makes you different. And how you contribute to your community should be just as unique.
We are an equal opportunity employer
At Intact, we value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued, respected, and heard.
If we can provide a specific adjustment to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please let us know when we reach out about a job opportunity. We’ll work with you to meet your needs.
Click here to review other important information about the hiring process, including background checks, internal candidates, and eligibility to work in Canada.
If you are an employee of Intact, belairdirect, or Johnson Insurance, please apply for this role on Contact People.
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://jobsincanada.one/report-job/
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.