Wireline Services Group
- Full-Time Permanent Position
- Monday – Friday 38hrs per week with occasional field visits and business travel requirements
- Ongoing career development and progression
Pan Pacific Wireline Services (PPWS), a subsidiary of Wireline Services Group (WSG), provides safe, reliable and accurate wireline data acquisition and analysis services in Canada. PPWS has been operating in Canada for 10 years, with project experience across multiple commodities and mining clients from majors to mid-tier and junior explorers.
With over 150 years’ collective experience, WSG is committed to providing the highest quality data on time, on budget and always targeting zero harm. WSG seeks to grow our share in these markets through developing a highly skilled and flexible workforce able to provide custom solutions to our clients needs.
WSG’s head office is in Perth, Western Australia and has recently relocated its Canadian headquarters to Sudbury, Ontario.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Senior Geophysicist is PPWS’ senior representative and is responsible for the safe, efficient and effective operations of WSG’s Canadian operations. The role will see the successful candidate co-ordinate all activities associated with the Company’s Canadian geophysical activities, including management of field crews, client liaison, oversight of data QA/QC and processing, recruitment, office administration, workshop management and project generation.
Guided by the Company’s business plan objectives, the Managing Geophysicist will provide the leadership and management necessary to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency of the business and to grow the Canadian Operations.
Duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Safety Leadership – be the safety leader, always display behaviours and actions that ensure the safe and effective execution of operations for the division and its employees.
- Operational Management – high-level management and accountability of field crews including safety field leadership, crew logistics, equipment servicing and maintenance, equipment selection, employee recruitment and training, crew scheduling and rostering, data acquisition and delivery etc..
- Business Development & Marketing – generate new business, compile and submit quotations for services, timely response to client RFP’s, technical presentations, attend relevant conferences/symposiums, client liaison including relationship building and follow up (Key Account management) etc..
- Office Administration – ensure office and workshop maintained to high standard, project invoicing, expense management (e.g. rent, services, cell phones etc..), safety leadership, recruitment etc..
- Reporting – issue weekly, monthly and quarterly report to Executive Management; contribute to bi-annual Strategic Planning workshops; participate in Business Plan development; compile Annual Performance Report etc..
To be considered for this role, the successful candidate will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in geophysics or similar technical discipline.
- Post-graduate qualifications in Accounting/Commerce, Business Administration or other relevant field is highly desirable.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the resources industry, with at least three (3) years in a similar managerial position.
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, finance, marketing etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development.
- Able to prioritise self by managing between client care function, engaging new business leads and securing new clients; and
- Excellent relationship building and organisational skills.
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem solving.
- Ability to pass a Pre-Employment Medical Assessment.
JOIN A REWARDING CULTURE
The Wireline Services Group upholds the values of safety, service, excellence and integrity in all that we do. We are a flexible and family-friendly employer with a commitment to the health, well-being and safety of all our employees.
At WSG we strive to foster a working environment that supports every individual to attain their best potential with a wide range of employee benefits and ongoing opportunity to develop individual capability including:
- Employee recognition programs
- Family friendly vibrant culture
- Training and development opportunities
- Rewarding and supportive team
- Existing team structures for guidance and support
JOIN OUR TEAM
If you are looking for your next challenge and want to take the next step in your career, then we would love to hear from you!
To be considered for this rare and exciting opportunity please click on the link to apply.
Closing date for all applications close on Friday, 2nd of September 2022
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $90,000.00 per year
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- 8 hour shift
It is a requirement that all employees are fully vaccinated against Covid-19
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sudbury, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
Expected start date: 2022-10-31
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.