Numberly is recognized as one of the world’s leading data marketing specialists with nearly 500 employees and 8 offices worldwide serving more than 500 blue-chip clients (L’Oréal, Sanofi, Moleskine, Campari, Nestlé, HSBC…). By putting technology to work for brands and consumers, Numberly is at the heart of business growth and everyone’s desire for more responsible and relevant marketing. Numberly leverages the latest advances in data processing, analysis, and media activation in a virtuous cycle of business competitiveness, enhanced privacy, and data protection.
Numberly is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join its dedicated Data team.
As a Senior Expert Data Engineer you will:
- Create and maintain pipeline jobs that transfer client data to/from our database diverse infrastructure (Hadoop (Hive,hdfs,spark),Kafka, MS SQL Server, PgSQL, MongoDB, ScyllaDB).
- You will be part of the core development team working on a strategic project to deliver best in class saas solution using the latest cutting-edge technologies Nurture our large Hadoop cluster, optimize distributed Data Operations and Storage.
- Participate in decision making concerning efficient & ethical use of data and technological evolution at Numberly.
- Work alongside Data Analytics, Data Scientists, DevOps, and many other talented techs.
- Work alongside legal teams to ensure that Data Privacy and GDPR regulations are ensured.
- Suggest your own technological solutions and try them out (our latest POCs include Apache Druid, Delta and Tabular) .
- Join a great multicultural team filled with wonderful people.
- Manage a small group of younger technical professionals.
- Strive to improve the code quality of a whole department and help develop best practices and internal tools.
- Python: Strong competence with at least 5 years of experience, able to teach others, enforce high level code quality standards for a team and develop/maintain dedicated packages.
- Apache Airflow: Must have strong operational knowledge of how to build, run and maintain a dedicated orchestrator as well as theoretical know-how of the system and its different working parts.
- Hadoop + Spark ecosystem: Immediate ability to create, run and maintain jobs that rely on fast and efficient use of these technologies. The capacity to debug existing projects on this stack is also needed.
- The candidate will need to demonstrate a strong working knowledge of both SQL (MySQL, SQLServer, Postgres) and NoSQL(ScyllaDB, MongoDB, …) databases, as well as a good grasp on modern theory.
- Experience with at least one professional project working with ScyllaDB is mandatory.
- Streamlined use of Linux, Git, Docker and Kubernetes as everyday working tools, without need for assistance.
- Experience with Apache Kafka, Metabase and API creation is appreciated.
- Open Source contributions and participation in Python community events are appreciated.
- Must have experience managing other technical staff.
- Extensive experience with Marketing-specific data and use cases in a high tech environment is crucial to this role.
- Fluency in both English and French languages is mandatory.
- Willingness to participate and bring positive energy in recruitment, organization & other non-technical aspects of the profession.
- Good public speaking ability is appreciated.
At Numberly, we share a passion for passing on information to both our teams and clients: weekly internal talks, meetings with professionals who are experts in their field, and ongoing learning.
Our onboarding is fast and powerful, thanks to the “Jedi Masters” assigned to each newcomer; the “Vis ma vie” (“Live my life” in different teams); and the “Happy Meetings” (monthly internal get-togethers with all of our teams around the world to share the group’s latest news).
We cultivate freedom of speech, which allows everyone to participate in the group’s on-going development.
We positively impact our ecosystem through 1000mercis actions and activities that create value in the Open Internet; we contribute to the enrichment of the Open Source.
Numberly is a diversity player and Gender Equal by design (WeConnect International certification and a gender equity score of 97/100).
Numberly offers an international environment, hosting over 30 nationalities worldwide.
Mobility is possible within our various international offices.
Numberly welcomes people with disabilities.
Possibility to be in remote up to 50% of your time (to be arranged as you wish) and to work up to 60 consecutive days (working) in remote.
- This position is available only in Montreal, Canada.