Gregory C. Marshall Naval Architect Ltd.
Gregory C Marshall Naval Architect Ltd. is an international award winning design firm specializing primarily in yachts and some selective commercial projects. GCMNA has been in business in Beautiful Victoria BC since 1996. Our employees are treated very well with excellent salaries, flexible work space and benefits. Most of team has been with us for over 20 years. We hire for the long term! We are looking for a Professional Engineer of BC specializing in Mechanical Engineering or Naval Architecture.
The successful candidate will be working on a wide range of projects in the yacht and commercial design sector.
- Develop design and production drawings and 3D models for a wide range of projects. Work will include mostly structural design, mechanical design and structural outfitting.
- Conduct basic structural analysis of ship structures, utilizing classification society rules and first principle hand calculations, as it relates to Marine Structures.
- Carry out tasks related to assessment of Ship’s Stability, such as Weight Estimates, Lightship Surveys, conducting Inclining Experiments and producing Stability Booklets.
- Onsite inspections and surveys as required by the project.
- Project specification development and technical writing.
The ideal candidate brings,
- An engineering degree in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited Canadian university or educational institute or from a recognized foreign equivalent;
- Certification as a Professional Engineer or immediate eligibility to become a Professional Engineer in the Province of British Columbia;
- 5+ years of structural or marine engineering experience;
- A comprehensive understanding of marine structures and their design or maintenance requirements;
- Excellent written, verbal, electronic reporting and data communication skills;
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Victoria, BC V9E 2E2
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.