University of Toronto
Date Posted: 01/12/2024
Req ID: 35644
School/Division: School of Arts & Science
Division: College of Cities
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
Place Quantity: 00055561
The School of Arts & Science is the guts of Canada’s main college and probably the most complete and various educational divisions on the earth. The power of Arts & Science derives from our mixed instructing and analysis excellence within the humanities, sciences and social sciences throughout 29 departments, seven faculties and 46 interdisciplinary centres, institutes and applications.
We are able to solely understand our mission with the dedication and excellence of engaged employees and college. The range of alternatives and views throughout the School replicate the native and international panorama and the necessity for curiosity, revolutionary considering and collaboration. At Arts & Science, we take satisfaction in our legacy of innovation and discovery that has modified the best way we take into consideration the world.
The College of Cities on the College of Toronto is one among a sort, created to handle the urgent points going through city areas to higher cities and concrete areas. Wetake benefit of being situated in one of many world’s most culturally various, dynamic, and vibrant cities. Because the innovation centre for the research of cities, the College of Cities is a options incubator for urban-focused researchers, educators, college students, practitioners and most of the people to discover the complicated international challenges going through city centres. A dwelling laboratory, the College leverages city information and lived expertise to enhance coverage and decision-making, and collaborates with communities all over the world to make cities and concrete areas extra sustainable, affluent, inclusive and simply.
It’s in cities the place we’ll devise, take a look at, and scale methods to resolve a few of our most urgent challenges, so it’s our mission to show individuals why cities matter. We do that by way of a spread of actions together with analysis and scholarship, data translation and mobilization, and training and capacity-building.
Beneath thegeneral supervision of the Director and Government Director, the Senior Schooling Officer will lead an intensive portfolio of educational and non-academic programs and certificates applications and will likely be chargeable for the general administration, educational high quality, and teacher recruitment, efficiency and training. You can be chargeable for growing an academic technique for the College, together with income technology and planning for on-line choices; partnership constructing for funding and collaboration throughout non-public, public and nonprofit sectors; and, making certain applications align with insurance policies and obtain the required educational approvals.
You’ll oversee and coordinate the construction, improvement, and implementation of the College’s curricula throughout govt training certificates programs, skilled improvement, and neighborhood capacity-building applications. You’ll coordinate with subject material specialists and instructing groups to design every program’s curriculum. The Senior Schooling Officer is deeply linked each to the College and websites of observe, offering a novel and enriching bridge to tell related and cutting-edge program improvement.
Working with our program staff, additionally, you will bridge alternatives between our credit-bearing undergraduate and graduate educational programs, with community-based studying alternatives for learners, and for govt/skilled training for subject-matter specialists and instructors.
Your obligations will embody:
- Creating and implementing parts of educational applications
- Creating educational design plans to be used in instructing contexts involving academic applied sciences
- Planning and overseeing the implementation of an analysis framework for assigned initiatives
- Conducting detailed evaluation and analysis to tell program planning actions
- Advising instructors on methods for growing and delivering curriculum
- Analyzing wants and recommending applicable applied sciences for instructing/studying targets
- Creating content material for educational workshops
- Facilitating academic workshops and seminars
- Grasp’s Diploma in grownup training, curriculum and management improvement, city research or metropolis planning, city centered social science, or acceptable mixture of equal expertise
- Minimal 5 years in planning and growing neighborhood capacity-building or govt education schemes and programs independently in an entrepreneurial, value restoration, non-credit academic surroundings
- Initiating and stewarding collaborative relationships with skilled associations, institutes, and personal, public, and non-profit stakeholder teams for program and mission improvement.
- Planning and overseeing the implementation of analysis framework for applications and initiatives
- Analyzing inner and exterior traits and recommending academic programming and enhancements.
- Implementing program enhancements and upkeep of program requirements.
- Demonstrated expertise in recruitment, supervision and efficiency administration.
- Demonstrated means to advance priorities and obtain goals inside a big, complicated matrix group involving a broad vary of stakeholders.
- Properly versed in points surrounding sound educational programming/curriculum improvement for in-class and on-line supply modalities.
- Demonstrated, highly-developed enterprise acumen, and expertise constructing enterprise, monetary, and advertising plans for academic applications.
- Confirmed means to satisfy the calls for and stress of an aggressive and extremely aggressive enterprise surroundings
- Revolutionary with an entrepreneurial focus.
- Efficient interpersonal abilities to develop good working relationships amongst employees, shoppers and friends.
- Ph.D. in grownup training, curriculum and management improvement, city research or metropolis planning, city centered social science classroom instructing expertise in greater training
- Classroom instructing expertise in greater training
- Demonstrated experience within the creation and supply of on-line studying
- Expertise making ready grant purposes
To achieve success on this position you may be:
Closing Date: 01/23/2024, 11:59PM ET
Worker Group: USW
Appointment Kind: Price range – Persevering with
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 14 — $88,290 with an annual step development to a most of $112,911. Pay scale and job class project is topic to willpower pursuant to the Job Analysis/Pay Fairness Upkeep Protocol.
Job Class: Analysis Administration & Instructing
Observe: This position is at the moment eligible for a hybrid work association, pursuant to College insurance policies and pointers, together with however not restricted to the College of Toronto’s Various Work Preparations Guideline
Lived Expertise Assertion
Candidates who’re members of Indigenous, Black, racialized and 2SLGBTQ+ communities, individuals with disabilities, and different fairness deserving teams are inspired to use, and their lived expertise shall be considered as relevant to the posted place.
To assist us monitor our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl/motivation letter the place (jobsincanada.one) you noticed this job posting.