Veho’s mission is to revolutionize the world of package delivery by creating exceptional experiences for customers and drivers.
For too long, parcel delivery companies have focused solely on efficiencies and cost-management. Veho focuses on the end-customer. As the first technology company of its kind, Veho replaces the old delivery trucks with a platform of crowdsourced drivers and a network of hyper-local delivery stations. We partner with some of the most recognized consumer brands such as Warby Parker and Hello Fresh to provide an incredible experience with every delivery, and give customers control on how, when and where their package is delivered.
Customers LOVE us. Despite growing at a record-speed over the past two years, we maintain an incredibly high customer satisfaction rating of 4.9/5 stars, and an unprecedented on-time delivery rate of 99.9% – far above every other company in the country.
In short, we are building the logistics platform of the future.
Veho is backed by former top executives and board members at Uber, FedEx, UPS, eBay and Amazon, three former public company CEOs, early investors in Lyft and Instacart, as well as prominent venture capital firms General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Softbank. We are a team of leaders who are passionate about building an incredible company that will change the face of this industry.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you’ll be directly embedded in a team of talented software engineers to help define, build, and operate sophisticated models to answer hard questions centered around improving our logistics network and user experiences. You’ll partner with product managers to understand high-value business problems, build systems that inform daily operations, and work with cutting edge technology. You’ll work closely with software engineers to operationalize the models you build in the production systems that drive Veho. Your work in forecasting and route optimization will have broad organizational impact.
You’re responsible for:
- Understanding business context and gathering requirements
- Building and iterating on models to meet requirements using Python
- Building and iterating on data pipelines to feed analysis and productionized models
- Integrating models into production systems using MLOps best practices
- Ensuring data quality and data integrity through best practices in data integration
- Analyzing impact and effectiveness of models in production systems
- Bachelor’s Degree plus at least 3 years of experience in data science or data engineering
- Experience using statistical modeling or machine learning techniques to solve business problems
- Strong SQL and Python skills
- At least 3 years of experience with open source languages and tooling used for large-scale data analytics like Python, numpy, and/or distributed data processing systems like spark
- At least 1 year of experience with analytical relational databases like Redshift, BigQuery, or Snowflake
- At least 1 year of experience working with cloud-based data engineering and data science tools.
- Experience with mlops is nice to have, but not required
- Experience with vehicle routing problems or logistics is nice to have, but not required
Veho is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Veho offers a generous ownership package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Veho employee shares one galvanizing mission: to revolutionize the world of package delivery by creating exceptional experiences for customers and drivers. We are deeply value-driven (Ownership, Candor, Team Success, Human) and care tremendously about investing in people. We are committed to creating a diverse team and an environment that provides everyone with the opportunity to do the work of their lifetime. Veho is unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
Veho is committed to nurturing, cultivating and preserving a diverse and inclusive work environment. Empathy and respect for each other is core to our values and a central part of working here every day. The diversity of our employees, drivers and applicants is welcomed and encouraged.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.