Ramp is building the next generation of finance tools—from corporate cards and expense management, to bill payments and accounting integrations—designed to save businesses time and money with every click. Over 12,000 customers cut their expenses by 3.5% per year and close their books 8x faster by switching to the Ramp platform.
Founded in 2019, Ramp powers the fastest-growing corporate card and bill payment software in America and enables billions of dollars of purchases each year. Ramp continues to grow quickly, more than doubling its revenue run rate in the first half of 2022.
Valued at $8.1 billion, Ramp’s investors include Founders Fund, Stripe, Citi, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures, General Catalyst, and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. The Ramp team comprises talented leaders from leading financial services and fintech companies—Stripe, Affirm, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Capital One—as well as technology companies such as Meta, Uber, Netflix, Twitter, Dropbox, and Instacart. Ramp was named Fast Company’s most innovative finance company in 2022 and #5 on LinkedIn Top Startups 2022.
About the Role
We believe that data science & machine learning are fundamental to building the finance automation platform of the future. We are looking for someone to lead the design and build of algorithmic services used in our core product.
Some early opportunities include:
- Matching receipts to transactions so no one ever has to fill out an expense report again
- Predicting if a transaction is part of a trip to ensure spend is within policy
- Recommending suggestions to automate user experiences across the platform
You’ll be responsible for end-to-end development of machine learning products—this includes building training and evaluation workflows, owning deployed services and contributing to the design of products that rely on those models. You will need to have a head for strategy & cross-functional collaboration and thrive partnering closely with engineering & product teams to prioritize, execute, and drive results. You will also partner closely with the rest of the data org to design, implement, and maintain data science services in production.
What You’ll Do
- Design, implement, and monitor machine learning systems enabling automation and delight to save customers time and money throughout Ramp’s product
- Full stack data science development: from upstream data modeling and cleaning to research and prototyping to designing experiments to deploying, monitoring and iterating on models in production
- Contribute to the company roadmap by working closely with stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of prioritization: from complex and nebulous business context, to well-defined objectives, to a roadmap of scoped opportunities for leveraging data science to drive results
- Manage the upstream and downstream relationships and SLAs with frequent data science collaborators: analytics engineering, data platform and core engineering, as well as third party vendors and software providers
- Lead solutions on challenging data science problems around unstructured data, labeling & annotations, and human-in-the-loop systems & processes
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree or above in a quantitative field with a minimum of 3 years of industry experience as a Data Scientist, Research Scientist, Machine Learning Engineer, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of SQL (preferably Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery), experience working with large datasets in Python
- Ability to build standalone data science products/services and to work cross-functionally to deploy and monitor in production
- Desire to collaborate with stakeholders to design and integrate data into Ramp’s product
- Experience with designing and building realtime ML systems in production applications and at scale
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a desire to constantly improve that focuses on solving problems with iterative technical solutions
Nice to Haves
- Experience with information retrieval, recommender systems or generative models
- Strong perspective on data science development cycle (data modeling, version control, documentation + testing, best practices for codebase development)
- Familiarity with MLOps/infra required to support data science product solutions, experience with orchestrators and artifact management – i.e. Metaflow, MLflow or equivalent
- Familiarity with data orchestration platforms (Airflow, Dagster, Prefect)
- The annual salary/OTE range for the target level for this role is $170,000-$200,000 + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k)
Ramp Benefits (for U.S. based employees)
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- One Medical annual membership
- 401k (including employer match)
- Please note only 401k contributions made while employed by Ramp are eligible for an employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- Fertility HRA Up to $5,000 per year
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Wellness stipend
- Parental Leave
- Relocation support
- Pet insurance
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.