Borrowell is a Canadian company whose mission is to make financial prosperity possible for everyone. The first in Canada to offer free credit scores, Borrowell provides educational resources, monitoring, innovative digital tools, and personalized product recommendations to help people feel in control and optimistic about their financial future. Our data shows that Borrowell members reported up to a 100-point increase in their credit score after one year of using select Borrowell products.
With more than 2.5 million members, Borrowell is one of the largest fintech companies in Canada. We’re proud to have been named as one of the Best Workplaces in Canada every year since 2019, Globe and Mail’s Top Growing Companies (2021), LinkedIn’s Top 15 Startups in Canada (2021), and CB Insights’ Top 250 Fintechs (2021).
To support us on our mission, we’re building an exceptional team of high-performing yet humble individuals who believe Canadians deserve more choice when it comes to financial services.
Put simply, we put people first. We place a high value on building a diverse and inclusive workplace and are proud to have a gender-balanced team. We know that diverse teams perform better; half of our team identify as women or non-binary.
We’re always on the lookout for passionate and driven people. If you think you’d be a great fit at Borrowell, read on to learn more about us and how our business works!
About this role:
In this position, you will be a key member of Borrowell’s Data Team. Your role will be pivotal in informing product initiatives and powering the recommendations we personalize to each of our 2.5 million members.
You’ll provide a window into business performance and help to make recommendations on what we build next. You can expect to be responsible for creating and managing insights, experimentations, forecasting, and reporting for various business partners at Borrowell. You’ll monitor existing key performance indicators, explore new areas of data to drive business growth and product development, and make company data accessible, insightful and actionable to the different business divisions.
This role specifically focuses on being a data thought partner to a designated Product Manager and related cross-functional Product pod (in-house folks in engineering, devops, QA, mobile, and more).
- Demonstrated proficiency with SQL to solve business problems
- Experience with using data to tell a story that is comprehensive for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with analytics tools such as Looker, Tableau, or similar
Nice to Have
- Undergraduate (or higher) degree in a quantitative field
- Knowledge of Python, R, dbt, or Airflow
- Exposure to product-based tech startups
- Critically thinking to identify gaps or opportunities to improve
- Eagerness to continuously learn how to implement the latest technologies and tools into our environment
- Comfortability with autonomy and creating a solution end-to-end with various cross-functional stakeholders
- Openness to sharing knowledge and mentoring others in the team
- The Opportunity – have a major impact at a growing company that is helping make financial stability possible for everyone
- Comprehensive Health Benefits – medical, dental, vision, and paramedical health benefits for you and your family, with extra yearly coverage for psychotherapists and massage therapists
- Additional Health Benefits – virtual benefit offerings that allow you to connect 24/7 with nurses, doctors and mental health professionals
- Parental Leave Top-up – available to new parents
- Wellness Benefit – $600 annually to spend on whatever brings you joy
- WFH Reimbursement – we ship you gear like a laptop, mouse, keyboard, and you can reimburse additional items to make your workplace better for you
- Employee Development Benefit – annual reimbursements on payments to help your learning
- Givewell Benefit – 1 paid volunteer day a year to give back to the community
- Flexibility – flexible working hours and a flexible vacation policy
- 90 Days Away Policy – you can travel to other countries and work outside of Canada for up to 90 days a year – so far, people have used this opportunity to visit Spain, Portugal, Costa Rica, Brazil, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Mexico, Ireland, and more
We are remote-first across Canada, meaning you have no mandatory obligation to come in-office unless you choose to do so – you decide what is best for you. Our offices are located in Toronto and Kelowna, with teams distributed primarily in Ontario and BC. We do not intend on changing this remote-first status.
At Borrowell, one of our core values and firm beliefs is that diversity makes us better. If you’re unsure about your qualifications for this position, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re looking for candidates who have experience, but know that not everyone’s had a chance to demonstrate what they can do. What’s most important is that you have a growth mindset and care about helping people with their finances – an area in their lives that causes a lot of stress.
Please note that due to the sensitive nature of the work we do, clearing a credit and criminal record check is a condition of employment.
Borrowell encourages applications from candidates with differing abilities. Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage in the selection process.
Here at Borrowell, we stand in solidarity with Ukraine. We welcome all people making use of the Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel (CUAET) program to apply and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.