National Bank of Canada|National Bank of Canada
Senior Bi / Data Engineering Analyst Job Brief
We have a job vacancy of Senior Bi / Data Engineering Analyst in our company, National Bank of Canada. This vacancy is based in Montreal Quebec Canada. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Senior Bi / Data Engineering Analyst Job
Company: National Bank of Canada
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Montreal Quebec Canada
Last Date to Apply:
URL Expiry: 2023-03-18
Posted on: jobsincanada.one
Senior Bi / Data Engineering Analyst Job Detail
- Are you passionate about data?
- Do you want to be part of a dynamic team and work with teams Bank-wide to improve overall data quality?
- Would you like to work in a sector that is growing rapidly?
If so, then keep reading!
National Bank offers you a work environment in which you can excel on the Data Exploitation Client Domain team while working in close collaboration with all Bank sectors. Joining our team means growing professionally in a workplace that fosters respect and transparency and having the opportunity to learn and advance on a team that values client satisfaction, performance, cooperation, and innovation.
Being a data engineering professional for data exploitation in the client domain means working rigorously in an advisory role where your actions have a broad impact on the organization, which is undergoing a transformation.
This position reports to the Manager of Data Health and Integrity.
- Oversee initiatives to improve the Bank’s overall data quality in a big data environment
- Develop rules to measure data quality and manage metrics to monitor changes and make recommendations
- Express in laymen’s terms structured thinking on exposure and present data metrics to management
- Implement recommendations to improve systems and work processes
- Be agile and able to work in a changing environment
- Put in place innovative solutions to constantly measure and expose data issues
More Specifically, You Will
- Manage a given database and be able to synthesize it
- Link data quality to the governed model
- Act as a client data expert in the organization
- Put in place procedures and make recommendations as needed
- Lead big data clean-up initiatives
- Supervise and communicate rules to measure data quality
- Develop expertise in metric automation in order to continuously track data improvement initiatives.
- Completed bachelor’s degree in a related field and 7 years of professional experience in data engineering and manipulation, data science, programming, business intelligence OR a master’s degree and 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent proficiency in SQL and Python
- Very good SAS, Oracle database management skills
- In-depth knowledge of data engineering practices
- Comfortable with complex, high-volume data tables
- Good knowledge of data visualization tools (Power BI)
- Strong analytical skills to properly identify/manage issues in any situation
- Ability to oversee priority management and day-to-day decision-making
- Excellent knowledge of both written and spoken French
- Proficiency with MDM-AE business rules and functional rules
- Knowledge of Snowflake, Databricks
- Excellent command of MDM-AE data tables (high complexity)
- Good knowledge of XML
- Proficiency in several data programming languages
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Expertise in synthesizing and expressing technical and complex issues/concepts in laymen’s terms
- At ease influencing and navigating ambiguous situations
- Fully familiar with our data quality strategy and generating ideas to achieve its goals
- Able to go beyond simply solving an issue, be proactive, be solution-centric
We want to contribute to your quality of life by offering you as much flexibility as possible in your work. For example, we offer hybrid work (remote and in the office), work schedule arrangements to help you achieve work/life balance, and flexible leave that you can take when it’s important to you.
Please note that there will be delays in processing applications during the holiday season. If your application is considered, we will contact you when we return the week of January 9, 2023. Thank you for your interest.
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged.
We’re a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on people’s lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that’s accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodation, feel free to let us know during our initial conversations.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Are you ready to live your ambitions?
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://jobsincanada.one/report-job/
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.