At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we’re proud to be one of FORTUNE’s 100 Best Companies to Work For® and World’s Most Admired Companies® 2022.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Unsure if you meet all the qualifications of a job description but are deeply excited about the role? We still encourage you to apply! At ServiceNow, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all voices are heard, valued, and respected. We welcome all candidates, including individuals from non-traditional, varied backgrounds, that might not come from a typical path connected to this role. We believe skills and experience are transferrable, and the desire to dream big makes for great candidates.
The Advanced Technology Group (ATG) at ServiceNow isa customer-focused innovation group building intelligent software and smart user experiences using existing and emerging data and AI technologies to enable end-to-end, industry leading work experiences for customers.We are a group of researchers, applied scientists, engineers and product managers with a dual mission.We build and evolve the AI platform, and partner closely with business units to build products and end-to-end AI-powered work experiences for customers.In equal measure, we lay the foundations, research, experiment and de-risk AI technologies that unlock new work experiences in the future.
About the team:
Our team is accountable for the development of Document Intelligence, one of ServiceNow’s key products that enables with AI the automatic extraction of information and data from documents. Our team is multidisciplinary, composed of designers, full stack developers, and applied research scientists. We are responsible for the development of core technologies that drive Document Intelligence, in addition to the creation of AI models necessary to automatically extract text and entities from documents.
The Document Intelligence team is part of the Advanced Technology Group at Service Now, a customer-focused innovation group building intelligent software and smart user experiences using existing and latest advanced technologies to enable end-to-end, industry-leading work experiences for customers. We are a group of researchers, applied scientists, engineers, and product managers with a dual mission. We build and evolve the AI platform, and partner with teams to build products and end-to-end AI-powered work experiences. In equal measure, we lay the foundations, research, experiment, and de-risk AI technologies that unlock new work experiences in the future.
We’re growing fast! We’re looking for an applied research scientist to join our development team for Document Intelligence.
What you get to do in this role:
- Confronted with real-world challenges and datasets, you will need to use your AI/ML expertise and creativity to apply existing methods and develop new ones to solve these problems in a practical and scalable way.
- Research and propose appropriate models/techniques, as well as implement and train the models yourself, leveraging when appropriate classical machine learning methods as well as deep learning.
- Contribute to the design, implementation, and scaling of Document Intelligence as a key AI-first product in ServiceNow’s portfolio.
- Collaborate daily with a team of like-minded developers, applied research scientists, product managers and quality engineers to produce quality software.
- Work with product owners to understand detailed requirements and own your code from design, implementation, testing and delivery of high-quality & high-impact solutions to our users.
To be successful in this role you have:
- 5 years of experience with classical machine learning algorithms, with an understanding or significant interest in the underlying theory of machine learning or related AI field.
- Experience with topics such as data preparation & cleaning, feature engineering, various classical machine learning techniques for classification and NLP.
- Hands on experience coding with Python or other stablished scripting languages for machine learning.
- Compelling storyteller who can communicate accurately.
- Understanding of the challenges of running a model on the varied and often noisy data that arises in a real-world setting.
- Experience with AI models/products life cycle and their different status.
- Getting things done attitude.
- Enthusiastic about staying up to date with AI literature and state of the art techniques of your field.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
At ServiceNow, we lead with flexibility and trust in our distributed world of work. Click here to learn about our work personas: flexible, remote and required-in-office.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.