Town of Milton|Town of Milton
Seasonal Student Outside Labourers – Horticulturist – Summer 2023 Job Brief
We have a job vacancy of Seasonal Student Outside Labourers – Horticulturist – Summer 2023 in our company, Town of Milton. This vacancy is based in Milton ON. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Seasonal Student Outside Labourers – Horticulturist – Summer 2023 Job
Company: Town of Milton
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Milton ON
Last Date to Apply:
URL Expiry: 2023-03-26
Posted on: jobsincanada.one
Seasonal Student Outside Labourers – Horticulturist – Summer 2023 Job Detail
Reporting to the Supervisor of Horticulture, this position will be responsible for maintaining the horticulture beds on Town property. The successful candidate will perform all aspects of horticulture work while ensuring that proper safety procedures are followed at all times.
40 hours per week. On call be required and or overtime hours be required.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Implement assigned horticultural work including pruning herbaceous perennials and shrub beds, planting annuals, landscaping, mulching, weeding and watering various horticultural beds, re-vamping horticultural “Gateway Features” throughout the Town and engaging in a host of various horticultural work practices as required
- Operate specialized horticultural equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Maintain written records as required, park bed maintenance work records, activity cards, etc.
- Duties include and are not limited to pruning projects, hort. bed maintenance, address various miscellaneous service requests, bed watering, weeding, mulching, etc.
- Complies with all health and safety practices as it relates to the work, standard operating guidelines and the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Perform all other duties as assigned in accordance with Department objectives
Required Education and Experience
- Currently enrolled at an officially recognized University or College.
- Preference is for the student to be currently enrolled in, or possesses, a certificate, diploma or degree in Horticulture, Horticulture Technician, Landscape Design and/or Parks and Environmental studies from a recognized institution is preferred.
- Possession of a class “G” Ontario Driver’s license, with a satisfactory driver’s abstract.
- Candidates must be physically fit and able to work in varying climate conditions.
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills are required, as well as demonstrated good judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven teamwork ability.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following:
- Qualified and trained in the operation of vehicles including but not limited to; tractors with attachments, pickup trucks, 1 ton dump trucks, roll off attachments, towing trailers, etc.
- Qualified and trained in the operation of various tools associated with horticultural bedding care and operations.
- Candidates should be knowledgeable in currently accepted industry practices
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate / CPR and WHMIS.
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://jobsincanada.one/report-job/
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.