Would you like to… work with an enthusiastic and committed team; share new and creative ideas? If so, Empower Simcoe may be just the place for you!
We are recruiting for a permanent full-time Scheduling Supports and Services Manager. This position will provide strong leadership and supervision to Agency Supports and Services by demonstrating strategic management in the area of human resources development that will reinforce a culture of empowerment and collaboration. The Manager will identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost effective and innovative solutions in alignment with the business objectives of the Agency. This position will participate in the afterhours on-call support system to ensure continuity of supports.
This position is responsible for the oversight of the Scheduling Team and scheduling functions within the Agency. This includes consistent evaluation and updating of the integrated computerized scheduling system to meet the scheduling needs of the Agency. This position will liaise with Human Resources, Payroll, Finance, and Supports & Services leadership to collaboratively review systems to meet the needs of the Agency’s policies and procedures and collective agreements.
- Hours of work are Monday-Friday – 7.5 hours/day for a total of 37.5 hours per week;
- Annual pay range is $85,352 – $99,665;
- Flexible working arrangements with the option to work remotely up to 40% of the time;
- 11 paid statutory holidays;
- Confidential Employer paid Employee assistance program for you and your family members;
Following the successful completion of a 3-month probationary period:
- Employer paid Benefits (life insurance, short- and long-term disability benefits, critical illness, health and dental);
- Group RRSP plan with Employer matched benefit up to 5% of gross earnings biweekly;
- Employer paid vacation hours, sick and personal leave time;
Minimum requirements for this position include:
- Post-Secondary Degree in developmental services from an accredited university or a closely related field; and/or a combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities;
- Minimum of 5 years’ recent full-time supervisory experience, working with families, children, youth and adults in a social or human services environment;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in scheduling software and administration at a senior level;
- Demonstrated ability to motivate a large group of staff in both unionized and non-unionized environments with skill to manage and provide leadership and effectively communicate in an ever-changing environment; proven expertise in coaching, mentoring and performance management;
- Proven ability to liaise effectively with all levels of the Agency, and to work in collaboration with all stakeholders;
- Extensive experience with the set up, maintenance and implementation of computerized scheduling systems; advanced computer ability and highly skilled in the use of Excel and databases;
- Knowledge of Council on Quality and Leadership values, Collective Agreements, Occupational Health and Safety Act, and Ministry of Labour regulations;
Duties and responsibilities (included, but not limited to):
- Overseeing the Scheduling Team and ongoing maintenance of the Scheduling System, which will involve working collaboratively with all departments;
- Spearhead the Agency wide schedules with a proven streamlined system through evaluation, implementation and ongoing assessments, maintenance, and upgrades;
- Working closely with the Scheduling Systems Administrator to investigate, analyze, design, test and recommend optimal system enhancement;
- Ensure the philosophy, mission and core values of the Agency are communicated and evident in all supports provided;
- Planning for new and innovative service delivery options for families and people currently in services or seeking services, to provide individualize continuum of supports;
- Monitoring any case management services or supports using a person centered and family centered approach;
- Preparing annual budgets in conjunction with the Supports and Services Director and Finance Department;
- Providing strategic leadership within the team; providing coaching to foster the growth and development of others; working towards effective transformation of direct reports and holding them accountable for their roles, responsibilities, and performance;
- Liaising with Union representatives to develop labour relations and manage issues as they relate to all staff; managing the collective agreements and labour relations issues as they relate to supports and services;
- In accordance with Agency Standards of Practice, ensures that appropriate staff are hired to provide quality supports to families and people receiving services;
- Collaborate with the Supports and Services Director in developing and maintaining effective succession planning for direct reports;
- Ensuring adherence to the Occupational Health and Safety Act and other relevant government or agency legislation/policies;
Special factors of this position:
- Must be able to work flexible hours;
- Must possess a current and valid Class G driver’s license and own reliable transportation to be used in the course of employment;
- Must be prepared to participate in ongoing upgrading and training, and ensure specific certifications and licenses/memberships pertaining to areas of expertise are maintained (e.g.: membership in Ontario College of Social Workers, E.C.E. or E.C.E.R.T, etc.)
- This position participates in a 24 hour per day, seven day per week on-call system on a rotational basis.
Empower Simcoe is committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace where everyone feels respected and valued. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or disability. Applications are encouraged from those who reflect the diversity of our community.
SUBMIT APPLICATION BY:
Internal 4:00 p.m. Tuesday, March 21, 2023
External 4:00 p.m. Tuesday, March 28, 2023
We thank all those who apply for this position. However, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Empower Simcoe is committed to being non-discriminatory and providing equal and barrier-free selection and appointment processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to this position, please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to Be, Belong and Thrive.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered. If you have any issues with the application process, please contact Human Resources at 705-726-9082 ext. 2342 or [email protected]
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.