Heidelberg Materials US, Inc.
Pay Class: Salaried Exempt
Minimum Pay Rate: $86,000.00
Maximum Pay Rate: $129,000.00
Heidelberg Materials provides the materials to build our future. Our future is sustainable. Our future is digital. And it goes beyond cement, aggregates and ready-mixed concrete. Heidelberg Materials North America, previously known as Lehigh Hanson, operates more than 450 locations with approximately 9,000 employees in the U.S. and Canada.
We are a local manufacturer and distributer of precast concrete pipes, manholes, and other related drainage products. The Sales Representative position will be located in Calgary, AB and reports to the Area Sales Manager.
What you’ll get to do:
- Develop strong industry relationships and successfully negotiate contracts for concrete and precast drainage products
- Actively pursue new customer development and participate in industry related associations.
- Manage existing customer relationships by responding to pricing requests, investigating job requirements, resolving customer concerns and maintaining a market presence.
- Participate in sales and marketing strategy development and execution.
- Pursue ongoing intelligence regarding upcoming construction activity and market price trends.
- Build effective supplier/customer relationships.
- Identify potential construction projects and discuss, quote and pursue these projects.
- Pursue continuous technical upgrading to meet market trends and opportunities.
Essential Experience and Skills:
- Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering or Business. P.Eng or CET designations are an asset
- General knowledge of the underground utility construction industry, technical knowledge of concrete and precast drainage products is an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software and engineering design software.
- Strong track record of effective problem resolution and customer satisfaction
- Strong negotiation and networking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under time and scheduling pressure
What we have to offer:
- Competitive base salary and participation in our annual incentive plan
- Industry leading benefits package, including health, dental, and wellness
- Pension retirement savings plan with an automatic company contribution as well as matching contributions
- Opportunities for training, development, career growth within a global organization
- Role operates in a mix of office setting, manufacturing and at job sites where the conditions include moving mechanical equipment, inclement weather, heat, humidity, and elevated noise levels
- Our pre-employment process includes: reference checks, a medical, and a criminal record check. A drivers abstract check will be required.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.