Lethbridge School Division|Lethbridge School Division
S22045 Educational Assistant – Kg Job Brief
We have a job vacancy of S22045 Educational Assistant – Kg in our company, Lethbridge School Division. This vacancy is based in Lethbridge AB. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: S22045 Educational Assistant – Kg Job
Company: Lethbridge School Division
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Lethbridge AB
Salary: $19.49–$22.06 an hour
URL Expiry: 2023-01-06
Posted on: teachingjobs.ca
S22045 Educational Assistant – Kg Job Detail
Educational Assistant – KG
We are excited to have Educational Assistant opportunities available starting immediately.
Lethbridge School Division embraces diversity and functions in a dynamic, innovative, and fast paced environment. To help support children/students success, we are looking for flexible, empathetic, optimistic, and patient individuals to work as part of a dynamic team. The Educational Assistant works with children/students requiring targeted and specialized supports and services in order to effectively participate in their learning community. Tasks performed are varied and dependent on children/students needs. Responsibilities include assisting with and adapting academic tasks, implementation of strategies intended to support socially appropriate behaviours, attending to physical needs as well as medical needs specific to individual students, and monitoring progress.
Educational Assistants work under the direction of teachers, primarily with identified children/students. Successful applicants will be adept at quickly developing trust and rapport with children/students and staff. Educational Assistants work collaboratively within the school community to share information, reflect on effectiveness of strategies, suggest modifications to existing or novel strategies in order to maximize children/students success.
Educational Assistants are an integral part of a dynamic and collaborative team who work with children/students with identified needs within the Early Education programs with behavioural issues and/or complex physical disabilities/developmental delays and will be expected to assume other duties, as required.
What will you do?
Applicants will possess, or develop, a true working knowledge within early literacy and the speech and language acquisition process and have experience in supporting programs for children/students in their early years of development. Training and/or experience in sign language, Alternative and Augmentative Communication (AAC) and/or Hanen (Learning Language and Loving It/ABC & Beyond) are assets.
Duties will include ensuring childrens’/students safety at all times, implementing individualized programs and carrying out Positive Behaviour Support Plans as outlined by the child’s Learning Team. Lethbridge School Division makes every effort to ensure staff and student safety; however, not every unsafe behaviour on the part of students can be anticpiated. Behaviours include, but are not limited to, severe opposition, hitting, kicking, spitting, biting, scratching, and throwing of objects and the use of inappropriate and/or foul language. Supporting Individuals with Valued Attachments (SIVA) training is an asset.
For the full Educational Assistant job description, please click HERE.
What do you need to succeed?
Training and/or experience working with students with severe behaviour difficulties is necessary as well as an understanding of ASD, ODD, FASD, ADHD and/or other behavioural disabilities. Preference will be given to candidates with proven experience executing Positive Behavior Support Plans. Training and/or experience with speech and language, OT/PT and individual program goals would be an asset. The successful candidate must be willing to provide personal care, lifting and toileting support for children/students. An awareness of proper body mechanics when lifting and transferring children/students is mandatory. Educational Assistants also be working with students who have recently migrated from other countries and these students have significant achievement gaps, language barriers and/or social-emotional concerns. A strong understanding of Trauma Informed practice, resiliency, building connections, self-regulation supports and strategies, and conflict resolution skills is an asset. In addition, willingness to participate in ongoing professional learning is expected.
The successful candidate will be able to create rapport with all children/students and staff and adapt to dynamic learning environments. Being self-directed, flexible and finding creative ways to connect with and regulate children are considered to be an important skills of successful candidates. Additionally, the successful candidate must have exceptional communication skills and show initiative in solving problems and creating opportunities for children/student success.
General Stewart & Galbraith Elementary School
– 1 Position (29.00 hrs/wk) Monday – Friday
This position is required to work at multiple sites within Lethbridge, and will travel will occur between locations during a shift. Travel will not be reimbursed.
Educational Assistant staff have a working calendar that provides time off during some non-instructional days.
Please note that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted regarding an interview.
Education and Experience Required:
- Proof of Grade 12 or General Educational Development (GED). If you have obtained your education outside of Canada, the Division will require a copy of your Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) or International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) confirming high school or post secondary equivalencies.
- Post-secondary certificate or diploma in a related field such as Educational Assistant, Early Childhood Education and Child & Youth Care.
- Combination of education and experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants new to Lethbridge School Division who are offered employment must provide:
- A police information check; including Vulnerable Sector Check from Police Services or an RCMP detachment that does not have any charges or convictions.
- A satisfactory Intervention Record Check from South Region Alberta Child and Family Services.
- Proof of photo identification, be a valid driver’s licence, provincial identification card as issued by a licensed government registry office, valid passport or Nexus card. If one cannot be provided, a new card must be obtained and proof of application provided within three days of hire.
- Documentation of a valid Social Insurance Number in the employee’s legal name. If valid Social Insurance documentation in the current legal name can not be provided, the successful candidate will be required to obtain a new one within three days of hire.
The wage range for this position is $19.49 – $22.06/hour depending on education and experience.
Lethbridge School Division prides itself on supporting and promoting the wellness of our employees through our diverse benefit plan for you and your family to access. Some of the amazing benefits included are:
- 100% employer paid premiums for health and dental care.
- Health Spending Account (HSA).
- Free 24/7 access to our Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP). This includes but is not limited to:
- Lifestyle and specialty counselling (Health, Life Balance and Career).
- Competitive retirement plan.
- Discount at a variety of local fitness facilities within Lethbridge.
This is a purposeful and rewarding career that helps make a difference in students lives!
Enjoy having evenings, weekends & school holidays off!
Posting will remain open until 10:00 AM, 7, 2022
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://teachingjobs.ca/report-job/
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.