MISTRAS SERVICES INC.
Company: MISTRAS Group is a “One Source” global provider of technology-enabled asset protection solutions used to evaluate the structural integrity of critical energy, industrial and public infrastructure. MISTRAS Group has a team of 5,000 highly skilled employees, and certified technicians operating in our 100 offices worldwide. Through its subsidiary, MISTRAS Canada Inc. employees are encouraged to keep advancing themselves through lifelong learning, and employees are actively encouraged to advance themselves within their career.
Mistras is currently looking CGSB RT2 technician to support upcoming project in Red Deer, Alberta. Local preference.
· Set up, maintain, and calibrate non-destructive testing equipment
· Conduct tests to ensure quality or detect discontinuities (defects) using NDT methods of inspection
· Follow techniques for proper examination of objects under inspection
· Ensuring strict adherence to safety regulations
· Interpret images as per Mistras procedures
· Apply testing criteria in accordance with applicable specifications or standards and evaluate results
· Organize and report test results
· Perform specialized inspections
· Install computer hardware and software; Troubleshoot computer issues
· Effectively communicate using verbal, presentation and listening skills
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
· Current certification with NRCAN, with a minimum of RT2 and preferably MT1 certified
· Technical background in NDT methods and procedures
· Demonstrated ability to effectively perform assigned NDT tasks
· Knowledge of NDT equipment
· Strong computer skills required; including the ability to operate computerized equipment
· Strong intrapersonal skills
· Excellent organizational skills
· Effective problem solving and decision making skills
· Ability to work with new technology
Physical Job Demand:
· Frequent lifting up to 75 lbs
· Ability to work at heights
· Must be able to tolerate working in extreme climates (sub zero temperatures) for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to tolerate numerous hours spent stooping, crawling, kneeling, standing and walking.
· Must be comfortable working in cramped or confined spaces.
· Must wear required protective and safety equipment (cold weather gear, safety glasses, hard hats, etc.)
MISTRAS strives to provide a positive work environment that values excellence in safety and quality, free from discrimination and harassment. Every MISTRAS employee plays a part in our Company’s success and making this a great place to work. We are committed to a workplace where all employees are free to raise issues, concerns, and questions for the improvement of our operations and work environment. Safety is the overriding priority in everything we do; all duties critical to safety, quality, and environmental protection are carried out in compliance with all requirements and with personal accountability.
MISTRAS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable legislation.
Apply today and join a dynamic, specialized, and passionate team of industry professionals.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $44.15-$44.16 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 10 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- CGSB RT2 Certification (required)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.