University of British Columbia
Michael Smith Health Research BC’s Research Trainee Program supports health researchers in the training phase of their research career to enable career development and enrich BC’s health research talent.
The Research Trainee Program is one of Health Research BC’s flagship funding opportunities. Since 2001, we’ve granted more than 1,400 Research Trainee awards helping to develop, attract and retain BC’s best and brightest health researchers and support the advancement of world-class health research in BC.
- Award amount: $45,000/annum and a research and travel allowance of $4,500/annum.
- Award term: Applicants may request up to three years of support.
- Provides salary support for talented post-doctoral or health professional researchers and develops their health research careers.
- Helps post-doctoral researchers increase their, and their labs’, research productivity.
- Prepares post-doctoral researchers for successful careers in research, biotech, health policy and more.
- NEW for 2023: A section in the application form will be provided for applicants to describe how they will meaningfully and appropriately account for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion in the design of their research projects, in the analysis and interpretation of the findings, and in their knowledge translation activities.
- NEW for 2023: The weighting of the evaluation criteria has been revised.
- Applicant expertise and experience 30%
- Research project 50%
- Environment and support 20%
Letter of intent deadline: December 05, 2022, 4:30 p.m PT
Full application deadline (applicants): February 13, 2023, 4:30 p.m PT
Webinar: November 16, 2022, 10:00 AM (PT)
Full application deadline (host institution): February 21, 2023, 4:30 p.m PT
Anticipated notice of funding decision: July 2023
Anticipated start of funding: September 01, 2023
Award Term: Up to 3 years
Award Amount: $45,000/annum
CONDitions of AWARD
The conditions for the award can be found by visiting the website link here.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.