Research Manager Electrochemistry
Full Time Role
Who we are:
Carbon Corp is solving the problem of global warming by using proprietary technology to transform the greenhouse gas CO2 into valuable commodity carbon nanotubes (CNTs). The CO2 to Carbon Nanotube (C2CNT) conversion technology directly removes and eliminates carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and power plants, industrial processes, transportation, and domestic sources. The C2CNT technology provides a disruptive product which is lighter and stronger than steel and aluminum.
We are looking for new members to join our incredible team. Are you enthusiastic, creative, and looking to join an energetic team? Be a part of this amazing opportunity in Calgary, AB. http://www.carboncorp.org
The Research Manager is responsible for taking directions from the leadership team, actively conduct literature search, design of experiments/processes, performing tests & analysis, maintain the equipment/instruments, provide training to junior members, ensure the lab safety, and overseeing the project-related operations, as well as providing regular reports, presentations, and recommendations to the team and leadership. The immediate projects will be focused aiding the scale up of Carbon Corps technology at its demonstration facility. This includes working closely with trades personnel and researchers.
· Understanding scale-up technology, working with trades personnel, engineers, and research scientists.
· Understanding and conducting physiochemical characterization of materials.
· Ability to translate designs and planning to actions and quantifiable results.
· Responsible for the development of assembly/test process & equipment.
· Conduct design review, design/test prototype, resolve design and implementation issues.
· Must meet production quality and reliability requirements and update prototype/equipment as needed through the product life cycle.
· Responsible for generating novel approaches to challenges and implementing solutions aligned with organizational goals.
· Performing onsite supervision, monitoring, testing, and making changes or adjustments as needed.
· Communicating clearly with contract personnel during modification and/or adjustment of equipment.
· Ensuring a high level of health and safety for themselves and team members.
· Working with cross-disciplinary teams.
· Other duties as required
Required Skills and Qualifications:
· Graduate degree in chemistry, material science, or engineering (civil, chemical, material, nano), or related, Ph.D. seen as an asset.
· Hands-on experience with material characterization, analysis, and synthesis.
· Previous knowledge of carbon nanocomposites is seen as an asset.
· Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
· Proven success of R&D data analytics.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Suite.
· Demonstrated passion and interest in the organization’s values and goals.
· Detail-oriented with mechanical aptitude and hands-on troubleshooting/problem-solving skills.
· Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
· Must have a personal commitment to and experience with a strong safety culture.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Must have strong attention to detail and demonstration problem-solving skills.
· Proven ability with collaboration and working as part of a team.
· Must be able to travel between locations within the Calgary/Alberta area.
· Must have a valid Alberta Driver’s License and clear Driver’s Abstract.
· Must be comfortable with physical demands including standing, walking, and lifting up to 30 lbs.
· Responsible for travel between locations within the Calgary/Alberta area
· Flexible to work for extended, non-standard hours if that would be required
We thank you for taking the time to apply and expressing interest in Carbon Corp. We wish that we could personally respond to everyone who applies, however it is our practice to contact only those individuals selected for interviews.
Successful candidates will require clearance on all applicable background checks and professional reference checks are required. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing will be required for all safety-sensitive positions.
To be considered for this role you must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Do you have a graduate degree in chemistry, material science, or engineering (civil, chemical, material, nano), or related?
- Do You have hands on experience with material characterization, analysis, and synthesis?
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Driver’s License (preferred)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.