St. Michael's Hospital
The Injury Prevention Research Office, Keenan Research Centre, St. Michael’s Hospital was recently funded by CIHR to conduct a clinical trial on subdural hematoma and to investigate the effects of recreational cannabis legalization on polysubstance use, mental health, and injury in Canada. The Injury Prevention Research Office is looking for a research coordinator to support the research activities pertaining to these studies. The research coordinator will assist the Team in project planning, implementation, supervision, study design, and collecting, analyzing and summarizing data. The ideal candidate for this position is highly motivated, organized, team-minded, and results-oriented. The research coordinator will report directly to the project Principal Investigator and indirectly to the Team collaborators.
With the support and assistance of the Team investigators, the research coordinator will be responsible for:
- Overall management and coordination of the large, multi-site strategic team program including the planning of the long-term strategy of the program (timelines, staffing and resource needs);
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, and standards for the program;
- Coordinate and oversee all aspects of the program’s research studies including: Research Ethics Board submissions, patient recruitment, obtaining of patient consent, data collection, tabulation and analysis of study related data and ongoing review and development of study databases, preparation of grant applications;
- Develop and present research related information including written study reports, posters, presentations and manuscripts submitted for scientific peer review;
- In conjunction with the Office of Research Administration, development and review of all confidentiality statements, legal disclosures, legal documents, subcontracts and data sharing agreements;
- Manage grant budgets and/or authorize payment schedules;
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate research assistants, coordinators, undergraduate and graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows;
- Ensure appropriate regulations are adhered to in the conduct of research;
- Collaborate with the Information Technology department to develop, manage and update a research study website;
- Coordinate and moderate research group meetings, maintain ongoing communication with members of the team, and encourage collaboration with external partners, community groups, and external stakeholders;
- Encourage a team approach within the group and promoting a cross-functional approach with other divisions within the hospital, other hospitals and academic institutions.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Masters degree in psychology, sociology, urban studies, evaluation, nursing, health and/or medical sciences, statistics, biostatistics, epidemiology, policy, economics, mathematics, computer science, spatial analysis, health services, demography, engineering, physics, or other related fields preferred; or demonstrable equivalent combination of specialized education and experience
- Minimum of 2 years relevant research experience and strong analytical skills;
- Experience with ArcGIS and related software is a plus;
- Demonstrated ability to manage and coordinate multiple studies simultaneously;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage research staff and students;
- Previous experience managing study budgets;
- Previous experience in epidemiology or the equivalent, protocol development, grant and peer-reviewed manuscript writing, and making presentations to scientific audiences is preferred;
- An aptitude for accuracy, detail and problem-solving;
- Meticulous and capable of independent decision making with study data;
- Experience in data management;
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
As a condition of employment, all external hires will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination or documentation unless a valid accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code exists. Please note, if you are extended an offer of employment, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination in Ontario QR Code format. All internal candidates must be in compliance with Unity Health Toronto’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.