University of Toronto
Date Posted: 09/18/2023
School/Division: School of Arts & Science
Division: Dept of Chemistry
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
The Division of Chemistry on the College of Toronto invitations functions for a Analysis Affiliate (Restricted Time period) for a one-year appointment. The anticipated begin date is 1 Oct 2023.
The Aspuru-Guzik group (https://matter.toronto.edu ) is likely one of the pioneering teams of quantum computing algorithm analysis. The Candidate will work with the PIs and a theoretical workforce of trainees to guide the design, growth and evaluation of novel quantum algorithms for fixing complicated issues in simulating quantum methods and linear algebra, specializing in sensible functions. The Candidate is predicted to have vital expertise in conducting analysis or technical actions coping with the speculation of computation, classical and quantum computational complexity, and superior quantum algorithmic strategies with demonstrated analysis expertise in these areas.
Hyperlink to the lab: https://matter.toronto.edu
The candidate shall be answerable for the conceptualization, execution, communication, and dissemination of analysis in service of the analysis initiatives described above and as directed by Prof. Aspuru-Guzik. The profitable candidate is required to:
- Lead and take part in designing, growing, and analyzing novel quantum algorithms.
- Analysis and discover new approaches in quantum computation and quantum software program growth and adapt the procedures accordingly.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional workforce to research and optimize quantum algorithms, specializing in enhancing their efficiency for varied functions.
- Liaising with collaborators and aiding within the compilation, evaluation and reporting of analysis findings to researchers inside and outdoors of the group.
- Getting ready manuscripts for submission to peer-reviewed publications/journals.
- Presenting findings at native, nationwide and worldwide conferences.
- Helping with analysis proposals to be submitted to granting businesses and progress reporting and collaborating in analysis supervision of two or extra college students or different trainees.
Always, the person shall be anticipated to assist the general analysis and educating missions of the Aspuru-Guzik group.
Candidates ought to apply on-line on the hyperlink under and embody a canopy letter, curriculum vitae, two (2) finest papers (in PDF format) describing their position in any joint work, together with contact particulars for coauthors and three (3) reference names with their contact addresses and telephone numbers. Any questions concerning this place ought to be directed to Prof. Alan Aspuru-Guzik at [email protected]
Training – Ph.D. in Physics, Chemistry, Pc Science, Electrical Engineering, or a associated subject with a specialization in quantum computing.
Expertise –1-2 years of postdoctoral expertise in quantum computing with demonstrated tutorial and analysis excellence. The candidate ought to be capable of spotlight their skill to work independently, e.g., by single-author publications; expertise presenting analysis, as evidenced by means of invited seminars; previous expertise organizing scientific workshops/conferences and supervising college students in analysis.
Expertise – Glorious in speaking successfully and effectively in oral and written English; collegial in working with workforce members and collaborators.
Different – The candidate should even have a powerful publication file in acknowledged nationwide and worldwide journals and show success in writing and getting ready manuscripts, shows, experiences, briefs, and scientific abstracts and manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals.
Closing Date: 09/26/2023,11:59PM ET
Worker Group: Analysis Affiliate
Appointment Sort: Grant – Time period
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone: R01 — Analysis Associates (Restricted Time period): $47,287 – $88,663
Job Class: Analysis Administration & Educating
View or Apply
To assist us observe our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl/motivation letter the place (jobsincanada.one) you noticed this job posting.