University of British Columbia
CUPE 116 Salaried – Research Assistant /Technician 2
Administrative Leadership jobsincanada.one School of Social Work
$3,858.00 – $4,228.00 CAD Monthly
November 26, 2022
Jan 31, 2023
The Research Assistant (RA) will support Dr. Donna Baines in performing routine research tasks. The RA will assist with data analysis of qualitative and quantitative content.
Works under the direction of Dr. Donna Baines, director and Professor of Social Work. Interacts with student researchers and other members of the research team.
- Assists with research work, such as, code transcripts.
- Assists in analyzing and interpreting research data.
- Undertakes literature reviews.
- Assists PI on research interviews over Zoom.
- Follows up with authors on bios, contact information, etc.
- Attends meetings related to the project; prepares agendas; and takes notes as necessary.
- Performs other research-related duties as-needed.
The RA will be expected to behave in a professional manner in carrying out all duties. Work will be checked by the lab director and/or a senior lab member as-needed. There will at times be the opportunity for the RA to exercise judgement or make independent decisions; errors may result in loss of otherwise useful data and/or the slowing down of productivity in the laboratory.
Supervised by the lab director. Written and/or verbal protocols will be provided for the procedures performed by/tasks assigned to the RA.
May distribute work assignments to employees at lower classification levels and initiate new employees into routines, procedures and operation of equipment.
High school graduation, some additional training in a related field and a minimum two years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Completion of an undergrad Social Science or Social Work research courses.
- Completion of SOWK 405.
- Keen interest in the research endeavor.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.