Please check with the Apply for a Job (for Exterior Candidates) job assist for directions on learn how to apply.
If you’re an lively McGill worker (ie: at the moment in an lively contract or place at McGill College), don’t apply by way of this Profession Website. Login to your McGill Workday account and apply to this posting utilizing the Discover Jobs report (kind Discover Jobs within the search bar).
Analysis Assistant 1, part-time, Cultural & Indigenous Analysis in Counselling Psychology (CIRC) Lab
Job Abstract: The Analysis Assistant will help Prof. Dennis Wendt within the Division of Instructional and Counselling Psychology, when it comes to coordination and administrative and logistical duties associated to analysis collaborations with Indigenous communities and organizations. This skilled may, relying on curiosity and experience, help with coordinating Indigenous management initiatives within the Quebec Node of the Canadian Analysis Initiative for Substance Misuse (CRISM), for which Prof. Wendt is a co-PI.
This Analysis Assistant will work with Prof. Wendt as a analysis coordinator on a number of interrelated research funded by the Canadian Institutes of Well being Analysis (CIHR) in regards to the affect of the COVID-19 pandemic on psychological well being and substance use amongst Indigenous communities in Quebec and Atlantic Canada. The skilled might doubtlessly additionally help with collaborating on Indigenous substance use analysis and information mobilization initiatives throughout Quebec and Atlantic Canada. The place is a chance for somebody trying to develop or develop community-based analysis expertise with Indigenous communities.
Checklist of Duties for the place: Help with all points of analysis coordination, together with, however not restricted to, taking minutes at assembly, following up with people regarding duties, and different duties specified beneath:
- Help with payments/invoices from analysis bills; help with processing remuneration to information keepers and analysis individuals; and help with managing all monetary bookkeeping from analysis research and grants;
- Help with getting ready analysis ethics and grant proposals; help with managing ethics and grants necessities;
- Help with managing information storage and administration, in accordance with moral pointers, McGill coverage, and group partnership wants;
- Coordinate information administration in step with OCAP (Possession, Management, Entry, and Possession) ideas and different related ideas or laws of knowledge sovereignty with Indigenous Peoples;
- Help with group engagement and information mobilization with Indigenous companions and communities;
- Help with processes in forming and supporting Indigenous advisory councils;
- Help with recruiting individuals for analysis;
- Help with managing emails and telephone calls to/from group companions, Analysis Assistants, potential companions and assistants, and so forth.;
- Help with managing confidential paperwork, akin to consent kinds and analysis agreements;
- Help with organizing supplies, visible aids, and different supplies as required for analysis and information mobilization functions;
- Some other duties that the place requires.
- Holds a Bachelor’s diploma in a associated and acceptable area. Candidates from different disciplines are additionally welcome to use in the event that they meet different eligibility standards.
- At the very least 2 years of analysis help expertise or associated mission administration expertise.
- Wonderful potential to speak in English, each spoken and written, is crucial. Some information of communication in an Indigenous language (e.g., Inuktitut) is most popular.
- Intensive group management and engagement with each First Nations and Inuit communities in Quebec.
- Wonderful organizational expertise and conscientiousness and curiosity in clerical work are important.
- Good communication expertise and creativity.
- Wonderful information of Microsoft 365 (Workplace) together with, however not restricted to, Phrase, Excel, Outlook, and Groups, and of Zoom. Information of different related laptop software program or internet software (e.g. NVivo, Zotero) can be thought-about an asset.
- Approved to work in Canada in the course of the place.
- People who self-identify as Indigenous (e.g., First Nations, Métis, Inuit, American Indian, Alaska Native) are strongly inspired to use. We encourage you to say your Indigenous identification in your letter of curiosity.
- Information of an Indigenous language.
Extra desired expertise:
- Marked curiosity for community-based analysis with Indigenous communities.
- Expertise with community-based analysis or different work-related expertise with Indigenous communities is an asset.
- Scientific or analysis expertise with substance use prevention or remedy, well being analysis, psychology, and/or psychosocial intervention is an asset.
- This place might require not less than some in-person work on the McGill College downtown campus.
- Workplace area in addition to any gear wanted for work from home can be supplied.
- Wage will conform with minimal established within the AMURE collective settlement, primarily based on chosen applicant’s background and experience. See right here for the up to date AMURE settlement: https://www.mcgill.ca/hr/information/hr/2023-2027_collective_agreement_amure_ras_final_-_with_signatures_-_for_printing.pdf
Software Course of
Candidates ought to submit as a part of their software 1) a letter of curiosity, and a pair of) a CV/resume. These must be uploaded inside the software in Workday. Candidates ought to point out once they could be prepared to start out and a listing of two individuals who comply with be contacted for suggestion with their contact info. Overview of purposes will start instantly and can proceed till the place is stuffed.
Hours per Week:
17 (Half time)
Place Begin Date:
Place Finish Date:
Deadline to Apply:
This place is roofed by the Affiliation of McGill College Analysis Workers (AMURE) collective settlement.
McGill College hires on the idea of benefit and is strongly dedicated to fairness and variety inside its group. We welcome purposes from racialized individuals/seen minorities, ladies, Indigenous individuals, individuals with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and individuals of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, in addition to from all certified candidates with the abilities and information to productively interact with numerous communities. McGill implements an employment fairness program and encourages members of designated teams to self-identify. Individuals with disabilities who anticipate needing lodging for any a part of the applying course of might contact, in confidence, [email protected] .
View or Apply
To assist us observe our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl//motivation letter the place (jobsincanada.one) you noticed this job posting.