University of British Columbia
BCGEU Okanagan Support Staff
Research and Event Assistant
UBCO jobsincanada.one Research jobsincanada.one Jakobi jobsincanada.one School of Health and Exercise Sciences jobsincanada.one Faculty of Health and Social Development
Posting End Date
March 24, 2023
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the Posting End Date above.
Job End Date
May 31, 2024
The purpose of this position is to assist in the research, development and implementation of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) outreach programming.
This position will report directly to the integrative STEM Team Advancing Networks of Diversity (iSTAND) and Westcoast Women in Engineering, Science and Technology (WWEST) Program Manager(s).
- Assist with creating, developing, planning and implementing science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) lessons, and outreach events
- Collects supplies for teaching and presenting lessons
- Attend outreach events and assist with presentations
- Carry out any other related duties as required in keeping with the qualifications and requirements of positions in this classification.
CONSEQUENCE OF ERROR/IMPACT OF DECISIONS:
The work of this position will be monitored by the Director of iSTAND/Chair WWEST, Jennifer Jakobi, or designate, Program Manager, Rebecca McCullough. Errors or incorrect decisions could potentially result in delays in completing the project or seriously compromise the quality of the research.
This position will be directly supervised by the iSTAND/WWEST Program Manager, Rebecca McCullough and indirectly supervised by the Director of iSTAND/Chair WWEST, Jennifer Jakobi.
This position will not be supervising others.
- High school graduation, some additional training in a related field and a minimum of two years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of STEM research and applications to youth centered learning environments
- Experience in communication with public, and notably youth
- Detail oriented and independent worker
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.