University of Alberta
This place is part of the Non-Tutorial Employees Affiliation (NASA).
This place has an finish date of Could 16, 2025, and gives a complete advantages package deal which might be considered on our Advantages Overview web page .
Location- This position is hybrid with a mixture of distant and in particular person.
Working for the College of Alberta
The College of Alberta acknowledges that we’re positioned on Treaty 6 territory, and respects the histories, languages and cultures of First Nations, Métis, Inuit and all First Peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to complement our vibrant group.
The College of Alberta is teeming with change makers, group builders, and world shapers who lead with objective each day. We’re residence to greater than 40,000 college students in 200+ undergraduate and 500+ graduate packages, over 13,000 school and employees, 260,000 alumni worldwide and have been acknowledged as certainly one of Canada’s Greenest Employers for over a decade.
Your work can have a significant affect on a captivating cross part of individuals—from our college students and stakeholders, to our famend researchers and innovators who’re fairly actually curing illnesses, making discoveries and producing options that make the world more healthy, safer, stronger, and extra simply.
Working for the Division
The Canadian Mountain Community (CMN) is a nationwide analysis community funded by the Authorities of Canada’s Networks of Centres of Excellence program. CMN will likely be transitioning to Braiding Knowledges Canada (Not-for-Revenue funded by the Strategic Science Fund). Reporting to the Operation Supervisor, this place will handle and account for Community monetary transactions, together with coordination with the Finance Departments of the College, Community Members, funding companions, different accomplice organizations, and with the Community’s financial institution.
The Analysis Accounting Assistant may also be chargeable for issuing analysis funding to CMN/BKC Community Investigators, buying actions of the Community, and making certain that every one transactions are carried out in an correct, constant, efficient, well timed and dependable method. The incumbent should liaise with inner and exterior shoppers and suppliers and, in doing so, acts as an envoy for the Community. As well as, the incumbent will work with exterior auditors and controller to provide required Community monetary experiences and statements. The Analysis Accounting Assistant performs an essential position within the annual reporting to the NCE program.
A. FINANCE AND BUDGET SUPPORT
- Completes month finish reconciliation of CMN accounts and College belief and legal responsibility accounts
- Completes month-to-month financial institution reconciliations
- Maintains the accounting data for CMN and ensures expenditures are correctly approved and documented in accordance with College and Sponsor insurance policies and procedures
- Works with the Government Director to resolve inter-fund reconciliations and discrepancies in expenditure eligibility
- Creates quarterly and annual consolidated monetary statements in accordance with Canadian Usually Accepted Accounting Rules for all working accounts, full with variance evaluation, for Administration and Finance and Audit Committee overview
- Displays and performs monetary and variance evaluation on accounts, actions, and transactions; identifies anomalies or non-budgeted transactions and resolve discrepancies
- Develops Commonplace Working Procedures for all monetary transactions and actions of CMN
- Prepares all paperwork required for issuance of analysis grants and works with the UofA finance service to launch analysis funding to different Community establishments
- Helps the Government Director within the growth of the Community’s consolidated funds and monetary plan to make sure completeness and accuracy of budgets
- Collects and critiques annual monetary experiences from all CMN funded initiatives (together with experiences on matching funds). Checks for accuracy and monetary variances, and inquires with investigators/RSO on these variances
- Responds to monetary inquiries from Administrators, Monetary Companies, Community investigators, Analysis Service Workplace, Provide Administration, and CRA
B. ACCOUNTING OPERATIONS
- Displays every day actions to make sure accounts payable/receivable and reconciliation processes are accomplished in a well timed method
- Creates invoices and ensures their cost is processed throughout the internet interval
- Accountable for all buying actions required for the CMN administrative workplace operations
- Beneath the path of the Government Director, points grants to Community investigators. Works with Finance Companies and ensures that funding is disbursed from the legal responsibility account and acquired on the recipient’s establishment
- Ensures all CMN transactions are utterly and precisely recorded within the accounting software program
- Completes journal entries and extracts knowledge for evaluation and administration abstract from the accounting software program
- Critiques the journey and expense claims processed by the Administrative Assistant as wanted to make sure compliance with UAPPOL Insurance policies
- Beneath the path of the Government Director, works with the exterior auditors to finish their overview of the Company’s yr finish
- Ensures the accuracy of GST & payroll reporting and well timed remittance to CRA, communicates with CRA as required
- Accounting diploma (equal mixtures of education and expertise will likely be thought of)
- Minimal 3-5 years’ expertise with monetary reporting, budgets, and monetary reconciliation required
- An in-depth understanding of usually accepted accounting rules
- Demonstrated experience in monetary processes and inner controls
- An understanding of inner and exterior audit necessities
- Expertise in managing budgets and monetary spreadsheets and experiences together with consolidation of monetary statements
- Analytical and monetary modelling expertise with intermediate to superior spreadsheet talents
- Appreciable expertise with massive advanced finance techniques
- Demonstrates a high-level group and time administration expertise
- Wonderful communication expertise, each written and verbal, with a capability to speak with a variety of stakeholders
- Have to be customer support oriented
- Have to be element oriented, versatile and in a position to work with ongoing and tight deadlines, prioritize conflicting duties and have wonderful organizational expertise
- Skill to make accountable choices, keep confidentiality, work effectively independently and as a part of a staff
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft an asset
- Familiarity with Etrac, Beanworks, Zoho Expense, & Quickbooks
On the College of Alberta, we’re dedicated to creating an inclusive and accessible hiring course of for all candidates. In the event you require lodging to take part within the interview course of, please tell us on the time of reserving your interview and we’ll make each effort to accommodate your wants.
Notice: On-line purposes are accepted till midnight Mountain Commonplace Time of the time limit.
We thank all candidates for his or her curiosity; nonetheless, solely these people chosen for an interview will likely be contacted.
View or Apply
To assist us monitor our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl//motivation letter the place (jobsincanada.one) you noticed this job posting.