Boundary Bay Veterinary Specialty Hospital
Do you love learning about anesthesia and perioperative multimodal therapies? Boundary Bay Veterinary Specialty Hospital (BBVSH) practices up to date medicine providing individualized plans for their patients. We are looking for a Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT) who shares the same values for our surgery/anesthesia department. Whether you are new to the field or have a passion for more complex and interesting cases, BBVSH can support you in your career. Do you have your VTS in anesthesia? BBVSH is growing and can provide new opportunities for those technicians that want more from their place of employment.
Our culture prioritizes and values veterinary technicians and their essential role in the clinical team. Our doctors and technicians are a cohesive team of professionals who strongly believe in collaboration, communication, respect, and lifelong learning. BBVSH has board-certified specialists in surgery, oncology, neurology, critical care, internal medicine, radiology and cardiology. We also offer a full rehabilitation department complete with an underwater treadmill. Each department works collaboratively with other services within BBVSH, as well as accepting referrals and emergencies from other specialty and general practices.
BBVSH is a great place to utilize and grow your skills in a challenging, rewarding, fun and respectful environment. We offer in house CE, fully paid conference registration and travel fees to top quality specialty and emergency conferences in North America, journal club, advance skills labs, and a support team to help you further your education or to help you achieve a Veterinary Technician Specialty.
In our 10,000 square foot facility we are open 24/7 and employ upwards of 150 staff members. We have 4 surgical suites, 2 digital x-ray suites, designated surgical prep area, on site CT and MRI scanner, C-Arm, a chemotherapy treatment room, procedures room and in-house blood donor program.
Our company culture prioritizes and values veterinary technicians and their essential role in the clinical team.
Additional benefits we offer:
· Paid association dues
· Extended medical and dental plans
· Uniform allowance
· Generous staff discounts on services and products
· Group RRSP plan
· Bring your pet to work
· A social committee to plan events and parties throughout the year
Our Veterinary Technicians have access to up-to-date patient care technologies such as:
· Electronic ICU flowsheets with anesthesia monitoring record integration
· Snyder oxygen cage
· High flow nasal oxygen
· Mechanical ventilators
· Anesthesia ventilators
· Multiparameter monitors (including invasive BP )
· In house lab machines
· Ultrasound machines
· Multiple digital x-ray machines
· In house laboratory machines to perform PCV/TP, CBC, chemistries, blood gas, electrolytes, coagulation panels, snap tests and teaching microscope
The successful candidate should have a drive to learn and grow. If you are not sure if specialty medicine or surgery is for you ask us about our internship program.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
· Blood draws and other technical procedures such as radiographs, bandage changes, arterial lines, jug caths, epidurals and nerve blocks
· Assisting the surgeon during surgical procedures
· Monitoring of the patients during procedures under sedation or anesthesia
· Ordering laboratory tests
· Taking care of in-patient care and treatments together with ER staff
· Making sure the medical record is up to date
· Help the veterinary assistants with the day-to-day cleaning and sterilization of rooms and instruments
· Be a graduate from a Veterinary Technician program (College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years)
· Completed the VTNE
· Must be able to be registered through the BCVTA
· Prior experience working within a Specialist Referral Hospital is an asset- however, full internal training will also be provided.
· An attention to detail as well as ability to multi-task
· English proficiency
· Excellent written and communication skills, ability to comfortably communicate with staff & clients
· Team player
· Organized, takes initiative, flexible, accurate
· Willingness to relocate if necessary: relocation costs covered by employer
This position has tremendous opportunity for growth and advancement as our hospital grows. We like to work with energetic, motivated, and communicative individuals with a strong desire to make a positive difference in the lives of pets and their people. Come and join our diverse and professional team – we look forward to hearing from you!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $26.00-$35.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Veterinary Technician certificate or diploma (1-2 years) (required)
- registration through the BCVTA (required)
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.