Alpine 24/7 Pet Hospital
Alpine 24/7 Pet Hospital is currently recruiting an enthusiastic, team-oriented and motivated ER/ICU RVT to join our team (NEW GRADS WELCOME)! We are a privately owned emergency hospital conveniently situated in SW Calgary.
At Alpine 24/7, we recognize the value of RVTs and how crucial their roles are in Veterinary Medicine. We strive to provide a healthy work environment that allows our RVTs to utilize their advanced skills while being compensated accordingly. Being privately owned, we have the liberty to pay above-average wages while providing a flexible schedule that allows our Technicians to maintain a work-life balance. No on-calls, a predictable schedule with the opportunity for extra hours, and a night shift premium of $4.00/hr.
- Current enrollment in a Registered Veterinary Technician/Technologist or Animal Health Technician/Technologist program with the anticipation of becoming a registered RVT with the ABVMA.
- Graduation from an accredited Animal Health Technology program and a registered RVT with the ABVMA.
- A positive attitude, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a strong desire to provide an exceptional patient/client experience
- Experience, or willingness to learn, in surgical/dental procedures
- A tactful eye while caring for the medical condition of patients
- Administering medications and treatments to ER and ICU patients
What We Offer:
- Above average compensation ($26.00-$32.00/hr)
- Employer paid health, dental and vision benefits that begin immediately, this means no probationary period
- Generous vacation time that is employer paid
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- ABVMA dues paid
- Uniform provided with a paid allowance
- Continuing Education Allowance
- LGBTQ+ friendly workplace
Our Full Service Hospital Offers:
- Full-time Board Certified Surgeon
- Calgary’s only laparoscopic spay service
- Private suite dedicated to dental services; Equipped with digital dental radiology
- 24 hour Emergency and After Hours Services
- Digital radiographs
- K-laser therapy
- An advanced in-house laboratory with brand new, user friendly equipment.
Alpine 24/7 Pet Hospital provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $26.00-$32.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
Curbside service, masks required, adhering to all AHS health recommendations.
- veterinary technician: 1 year (preferred)
Expected start date: 2021-09-13
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.