University Health Network
Registered Sensible Nurse – PPT – TRI – CUPE
College Well being Community
Registered Sensible Nurse – REPOST
Job Posting #: 925488
Website: E.W. Bickle Centre, Toronto Rehab Institute
Division: Complicated Persevering with Care, South 3
Experiences to: Supervisor, Program Providers
Hours: 0.40 FTE
Wage vary: $35.04 – 35.97 per hour (begin fee is non-negotiable and decided in accordance with collective settlement necessities)
Standing: Everlasting Half-Time
Re-Posted Date: February 8, 2024
Closing Date: March 8, 2024
The College Well being Community, the place “above all else the wants of sufferers come first”, encompasses Toronto Normal Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Most cancers Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Training. The breadth of analysis, the complexity of the circumstances handled, and the magnitude of its academic enterprise has made UHN a nationwide and worldwide useful resource for affected person care, analysis and schooling. With a protracted custom of floor breaking firsts and a function of “Remodeling lives and communities by means of excellence in care, discovery and studying”, the College Well being Community (UHN), Canada’s largest analysis educating hospital, brings collectively over 16,000 workers, greater than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ college students, and plenty of volunteers. UHN is a caring, artistic place the place superb persons are superb the world.
The Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, a frontrunner in grownup rehabilitation and sophisticated persevering with care, is Canada’s largest grownup rehabilitation hospital. Bringing collectively revolutionary affected person care, groundbreaking analysis and numerous schooling to assist individuals overcome or get well from disabling damage, sickness or age-related situations Toronto Rehab is positioned at 4 websites: College Centre (550 College Ave.), Lyndhurst Hospital and Toronto Rehab’s Cardiac and Stroke Centre (Rumsey Highway) and the Bickle Centre (Dunn Ave).. .
South 3 is a 34 mattress normal medication & Hemodialysis Complicated Persevering with Care (CCC) inpatient unit on the E.W. Bickle Centre on Dunn Ave. The Interprofessional workforce supplies a broad vary of care and 24/7 help to people who’re unable to reside independently on account of persistent and sophisticated well being points or traumatic accidents.
South 3 has 12 Hemodialysis beds for CCC certified sufferers who require Hemodialysis to handle their Persistent Kidney Illness. The sufferers journey 3 occasions per week to the Hemodialysis Unit positioned at 550 College Avenue to obtain Hemodialysis. The Hemodialysis unit is operated by the UHN nephrology service.
- Plan, handle, and consider nursing take care of sufferers and households inside the RPN scope of follow within the context of an interdisciplinary follow.
- Use present theoretical and analysis information and the enter of workforce members to plan and implement take care of sufferers and households
- Take part in inter-professional workforce care planning boards, inter-professional rounds and household conferences
- Present mentorship to RPN college students and new workers on the unit
- Take part in skilled, program and hospital-wide initiatives, together with skilled improvement of self
- Compliance with and dedication to affected person security tasks and corresponding hospital plans, insurance policies and procedures with a purpose to guarantee a secure surroundings for sufferers
- Member in good standing with the Faculty of Nurses of Ontario
- Diploma preparation as an RPN in a acknowledged schooling program for Nursing most well-liked
- Present medicine certificates (if not included in diploma program)
- Medical asepsis most well-liked (if not included in diploma program)
- Expertise in Complicated Persevering with Care most well-liked
- Profitable completion of Primary Cardiac Life Help (C stage) Coronary heart Saver Plus (Canada)
- Member, Registered Sensible Nurses Affiliation of Ontario (RPNAO), most well-liked
- Nicely developed conceptual and theoretical understanding of nursing ideas as they relate to affected person inhabitants and a capability to articulate these ideas
- Nicely developed medical decision-making abilities that mirror affected person centeredness, drawback fixing and demanding considering
- Wonderful communication, interpersonal, and management abilities
- Demonstrated capacity to impart information to college students inside the context of a educating hospital
- Good information of requirements of nursing follow and relevant well being care laws
- Ready to make use of pc software program reminiscent of phrase, e-mail and net purposes or keen to pursue acceptable coaching in pc software program
- Demonstrated capacity to determine and meet personal studying wants for pursue ongoing skilled improvement
- Good attendance required
- Should be proficient in English
- Completion of a well being evaluation/bodily evaluation course from an accredited school or college previously 2 to three years (or equal) required; certified inside candidates, if at present enrolled in a well being evaluation/bodily evaluation course, the course should be efficiently accomplished earlier than January 1, 2023.
- Latest well being evaluation course required
- Capability to display sturdy well being evaluation abilities
Why be a part of UHN?
Along with working alongside among the most proficient and provoking healthcare professionals on the earth, UHN provides a variety of advantages, packages and perks. It’s the comprehensiveness of those choices that makes it a differentiating issue, permitting you to search out worth the place it issues most to you, now and all through your profession at UHN.
- Aggressive supply packages
- Authorities group and a member of the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP
) * Shut entry to Transit and UHN shuttle service
- A versatile work surroundings
- Alternatives for improvement and promotions inside a big group
- Further perks (a number of company reductions together with: journey, eating places, parking, telephone plans, auto insurance coverage reductions, on-site gyms, and so forth.)
Present UHN workers should have efficiently accomplished their probationary interval, have worker document together with passable attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance administration program, to be eligible for consideration.
Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job except you might have an exemption on a medical floor pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive office. We’re dedicated to championing accessibility, range and equal alternative. Requests for lodging will be made at any stage of the recruitment course of. Candidates have to make their necessities recognized prematurely. Any info acquired associated to an lodging will probably be addressed confidentially.
College Well being Community thanks all candidates, nevertheless, solely these chosen for an interview will probably be contacted.
$35.04 – 35.97 per hour
Sat, 10 Feb 2024 05:51:13 GMT
To assist us observe our recruitment effort, please point out in your e-mail/cowl letter the place (jobsincanada.one) you noticed this job posting.
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.