Sysco Southwestern Ontario
Refrigeration Operator/Facilities Maintenance Technician
Reports To: Fleet & Facility Manager
Location: Sysco Southwestern Ontario
Type: Hourly, Full time
Sysco connects the world to share food and care for one another. Sysco leads from the heart of food and service to deliver the freshest foods and fresh ideas. Our customers can count on us to deliver on-point products and solutions since only Sysco is the global leader, sitting at the heart of innovation supply, delivery, culinary and more.
With over 69,000 associates, the company operates more than 320 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 650,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2019 that ended June 29, 2019, the company generated sales of more than $60 billion.
Sysco, one of Canada’s Best Employers 2019, as listed by Forbes, is dedicated to our global corporate social responsibility goals and to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Join our winning team.
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
Reporting to the Fleet & Facility Manager, the Refrigeration Operator/Facilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the refrigeration system, equipment and facilities. This position is a full-time position.
Schedule: Tuesday to Saturday, 8:00am to 4:30pm
- Ensure safe operation of an ammonia refrigeration system.
- Conduct regular facility inspections.
- Troubleshoot and performs repairs on overhead doors, ramps, and wrappers as needed.
- Completes minor building renovations equipment moves as required including but not limited to painting, ceiling tiles, flooring, carpentry and configuration of workstations and offices.
- Ensure preventative maintenance is performed on all related equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Facility Maintenance Manager.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on forklifts.
- Understand and comply with all Sysco policies and procedures, e.g. health and safety.
- Carry out duties in a safe manner as instructed through safety training.
- Participate in various meetings/groups (shift, departmental, company and safety).
- Class A or B refrigeration operator certification.
- Minimum 1 year work experience in a refrigeration operator role.
- Crown forklift PM training is an asset.
- Experience with facilities maintenance is an asset (internally and externally).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suites & Internet.
- Ability to perform the following physical activities: sitting, standing, repetitive motions, walking, reaching, crouching and lifting.
- Reliable and safety conscious with a teamwork attitude
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Connecting the world to share food and care for one another
Delivering success for our customers through industry-leading people, products, and solutions
Together we define our future of foodservice and supply chain
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Life Insurance Company Pension Plan Group RRSP Employee and Family Assistance Stock Purchase Plan Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University Sysco product discounts Preferred vendor discounts Associate Resource Groups
(*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- How many years of Refrigeration operator experience do you have?
- Do you have a valid Class A or B Refrigeration Certification?
- This position is located in Woodstock, Ontario – are you able to work in this location?
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.