University of Saskatchewan
Main Function: You may be the primary level of contact for incoming calls to Protecting Providers. You’ll decide the suitable response, resolve points if ready and/or dispatch patrol officers within the area if required.
Nature of Work: Reporting to Employees Sergeant, you’ll show a excessive stage of fine judgement and the flexibility to suppose shortly to use departmental insurance policies and procedures. Because of the nature of the work, discretion is vital. The power to multitask and stay calm in worrying conditions shall be anticipated.
This place will function in a various, complicated, and sometimes extremely energetic workplace atmosphere with a number of, and competing calls for. Steady change, shifting priorities, and frequent interruptions are the norm.
Immediate, full, and correct work is extraordinarily vital to mitigate dangers related to supporting Officers and the neighborhood.
Typical Duties or Accountabilities:
- Screens area items for well-being and checks in on officers to make sure security and availability
- Generates requires service and begins / completes Incident Experiences the place relevant
- Accountable for following all tips for response whether or not or not it’s a routine name, intrusion alarm, emergency response, or in any other case
- Should be capable of make well timed choices in worrying conditions, whereas managing dispatched items
- Should be capable of reply to a number of phone calls, laptop programs and radio tools concurrently
- Determines the kind of service required, location of incident and acceptable service
- Offers acceptable data for public disclosure or refers / transfers callers to acceptable part or company
- Ensures emergency requests from area items and public obtain speedy motion
- Receives and instantly dispatches area items to intrusion alarms; screens intrusion alarm system and contacts technicians and performs actions when required to maintain system operational
- Screens, revises, and updates standing of area items
- Disseminates pertinent data to area personnel
- Screens main incidents and creates a document for presentation at debriefing
- Understands relevant coverage and procedures for the division
- Understands the Emergency Administration Plan and the position/accountability of the dispatcher throughout a serious emergency/catastrophe
- Conversant with USAFE and the Emergency Communications protocol
- Performs CPIC, SGI and RMS (Perspective) queries and relays data to workers as required
- Responds and completes warrant callback requests from the provincial courthouse
- Implements Misplaced and Discovered procedures for assortment, storage, and disposal of all misplaced and located objects
- Occasional clerical duties together with correspondence, mail sorting, file creation, and so forth.
- Different duties as assigned
Training: Completion of Grade 12 and post-secondary in a related area
Expertise: A minimal of 1-year administrative expertise, earlier dispatch or area expertise is most well-liked.
- Robust communication abilities, fluency in English each orally and in writing
- Robust laptop and typing abilities
- Information of the College of Saskatchewan, together with information of buildings, places, road names, and so forth.
- Extremely self-motivated
- Means to stay in management, composed and arranged below stress or in excessive stress conditions
- Means to multi-task effectively
- Professionalism and integrity
Profitable candidates shall be required to offer a passable felony document verify.
Division: Protecting Providers
Standing: Time period 12 months with the potential of extension or turning into everlasting
Employment Group: CUPE 1975
Shift: Hours will range and can embrace days, evenings, weekends in addition to Statutory holidays.
Full Time Equal (FTE): 1.0
Wage: The wage vary, primarily based on 1.0 FTE, is $21.55 – 25.13 per hour. The beginning wage shall be commensurate with schooling and expertise.
Wage Household (if relevant): Safety Providers
Wage Section/Band: Section 3
Posted Date: 11/8/2023
Closing Date: 11/28/2023 at 6:00 pm CST
Variety of Openings: 1
Work Location: On Campus
The profitable applicant shall be required to offer the next present verification(s) the place ‘Sure’ is indicated beneath. Additional data is accessible at: https://careers.usask.ca/tips-for-applying.php
Legal Report Verify: Sure
Driver’s License and Summary Verify: Not Relevant
Training/Credential Verification: Not Relevant
Weak Sector Verify: Not Relevant
The College is dedicated to employment fairness, variety, and inclusion, and are proud to assist profession alternatives for Indigenous peoples to mirror the neighborhood we serve. We’re devoted to recruiting people who will enrich our work and studying environments. All certified candidates are inspired to use; nonetheless, in accordance with Canadian immigration necessities, Canadian residents and everlasting residents shall be given precedence. We’re dedicated to offering lodging to these with a incapacity or medical necessity. When you require an lodging to take part within the recruitment course of, please notify us and we’ll work collectively on the lodging request. We proceed to develop our partnerships with Indigenous communities throughout the province, nationally, and internationally and worth the distinctive perspective that Indigenous workers present to strengthen these relationships. Verification of Indigenous Membership/Citizenship on the College of Saskatchewan is led and decided by the deybwewin jobsincanada.one taapwaywin jobsincanada.one tapwewin: Indigenous Fact coverage and Standing Committee in accordance with the processes developed to enact the coverage. Profitable candidates that assert Indigenous membership/citizenship shall be requested to finish the verification strategy of Indigenous membership/citizenship with documentation. The College of Saskatchewan’s principal campus is located on Treaty 6 Territory and the Homeland of the Métis. We pay our respects to the First Nations and Métis ancestors of this place and reaffirm our relationship with each other. Collectively, we’re uplifting Indigenization to a spot of prominence on the College of Saskatchewan.
View or Apply
To assist us observe our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl//motivation letter the place (jobsincanada.one) you noticed this job posting.