University of Saskatchewan
Main Function: You’ll be the primary level of contact for incoming calls to Protecting Companies. You’ll decide the suitable response, resolve points if ready and/or dispatch patrol officers within the area if required.
Nature of Work: Reporting to Employees Sergeant, you’ll show a excessive stage of excellent judgement and the power to assume shortly to use departmental insurance policies and procedures. As a result of nature of the work, discretion is essential. The flexibility to multitask and stay calm in annoying conditions shall be anticipated.
This place will function in a various, advanced, and infrequently extremely lively workplace surroundings with a number of, and competing calls for. Steady change, shifting priorities, and frequent interruptions are the norm.
Immediate, full, and correct work is extraordinarily necessary to mitigate dangers related to supporting Officers and the group.
Typical Duties or Accountabilities:
- Displays area models for well-being and checks in on officers to make sure security and availability
- Generates requires service and begins / completes Incident Experiences the place relevant
- Liable for following all pointers for response whether or not it’s a routine name, intrusion alarm, emergency response, or in any other case
- Should be capable to make well timed selections in annoying conditions, whereas managing dispatched models
- Should be capable to reply to a number of phone calls, laptop methods and radio tools concurrently
- Determines the kind of service required, location of incident and applicable service
- Supplies applicable info for public disclosure or refers / transfers callers to applicable part or company
- Ensures emergency requests from area models and public obtain speedy motion
- Receives and instantly dispatches area models to intrusion alarms; screens intrusion alarm system and contacts technicians and performs actions when required to maintain system operational
- Displays, revises, and updates standing of area models
- Disseminates pertinent info to area personnel
- Displays main incidents and creates a file for presentation at debriefing
- Understands relevant coverage and procedures for the division
- Understands the Emergency Administration Plan and the position/duty of the dispatcher throughout a significant emergency/catastrophe
- Conversant with USAFE and the Emergency Communications protocol
- Performs CPIC, SGI and RMS (Perspective) queries and relays info to workers as required
- Responds and completes warrant callback requests from the provincial courthouse
- Implements Misplaced and Discovered procedures for assortment, storage, and disposal of all misplaced and located objects
- Occasional clerical duties together with correspondence, mail sorting, file creation, and so forth.
- Different duties as assigned
Training: Completion of Grade 12 and post-secondary in a related area
Expertise: A minimal of 1-year administrative expertise, earlier dispatch or area expertise is most popular.
- Robust communication expertise, fluency in English each orally and in writing
- Robust laptop and typing expertise
- Information of the College of Saskatchewan, together with information of buildings, places, avenue names, and so forth.
- Extremely self-motivated
- Capability to stay in management, composed and arranged underneath stress or in excessive stress conditions
- Capability to multi-task effectively
- Professionalism and integrity
Profitable candidates shall be required to offer a passable felony file test.
Division: Protecting Companies
Standing: Time period 12 months with the potential for extension or changing into everlasting
Employment Group: CUPE 1975
Shift: Hours will fluctuate and can embrace days, evenings, weekends in addition to Statutory holidays.
Full Time Equal (FTE): 1.0
Wage: The wage vary, based mostly on 1.0 FTE, is $21.55 – 25.13 per hour. The beginning wage shall be commensurate with training and expertise.
Wage Household (if relevant): Safety Companies
Wage Section/Band: Section 3
Posted Date: 11/8/2023
Closing Date: 11/28/2023 at 6:00 pm CST
Variety of Openings: 1
Work Location: On Campus
The profitable applicant shall be required to offer the next present verification(s) the place ‘Sure’ is indicated beneath. Additional info is offered at: https://careers.usask.ca/tips-for-applying.php
Legal Document Examine: Sure
Driver’s License and Summary Examine: Not Relevant
Training/Credential Verification: Not Relevant
Susceptible Sector Examine: Not Relevant
The College is dedicated to employment fairness, variety, and inclusion, and are proud to help profession alternatives for Indigenous peoples to mirror the group we serve. We’re devoted to recruiting people who will enrich our work and studying environments. All certified candidates are inspired to use; nonetheless, in accordance with Canadian immigration necessities, Canadian residents and everlasting residents shall be given precedence. We’re dedicated to offering lodging to these with a incapacity or medical necessity. In case you require an lodging to take part within the recruitment course of, please notify us and we’ll work collectively on the lodging request. We proceed to develop our partnerships with Indigenous communities throughout the province, nationally, and internationally and worth the distinctive perspective that Indigenous workers present to strengthen these relationships. Verification of Indigenous Membership/Citizenship on the College of Saskatchewan is led and decided by the deybwewin jobsincanada.one taapwaywin jobsincanada.one tapwewin: Indigenous Fact coverage and Standing Committee in accordance with the processes developed to enact the coverage. Profitable candidates that assert Indigenous membership/citizenship shall be requested to finish the verification strategy of Indigenous membership/citizenship with documentation. The College of Saskatchewan’s essential campus is located on Treaty 6 Territory and the Homeland of the Métis. We pay our respects to the First Nations and Métis ancestors of this place and reaffirm our relationship with each other. Collectively, we’re uplifting Indigenization to a spot of prominence on the College of Saskatchewan.
View or Apply
To assist us observe our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl/motivation letter the place (jobsincanada.one) you noticed this job posting.