University of Saskatchewan
The Feminist Targeted One Well being Group Partnership (FFOHCP) Mission includes staff members from Canada, , Uganda, Ethiopia, and Ghana. The final word aim is to enhance neighborhood well being and equitable One Well being empowerment for poor, marginalized rural smallholder farms, particularly girls and ladies and feminine headed households, with excessive prevalence of zoonotic and human – animal – surroundings interface associated ailments. The partnership consists of college students, college, girls, males, youngsters, home and worldwide non-governmental companies, and governments.
Major Function: To offer challenge administration, implementation, and coordination help; to plan and facilitate partnership actions; and to make sure that challenge implementation is efficiently executed. Along with challenge administration, the function helps different initiatives as assigned by the Mission Director.
Nature of Work: This place studies to the Mission Director. The Mission Officer (PO) shall be anticipated to work with a excessive diploma of autonomy and initiative and shall be liable for the administration and coordination of the Mission’s implementation plan.
The PO shall be liable for working intently with and coordinating the Canadian staff members, Canadian working teams, Canadian subawardee (Veterinarians With out Borders), and the pandemic preparedness workouts. S/he will even guarantee efficient monetary and operational administration of the challenge and work intently with the opposite challenge managers from Ghana, Uganda, and Ethiopia. The PO will even act as one of many foremost focal factors and signify the challenge to key stakeholders in Canada. The PO is finally liable for compliance and the oversight of challenge actions which can meet the said goals of the challenge.
The work is various, requiring information of improvement challenge actions, challenge administration and high quality enchancment. This place will play a key function within the profitable coordination and implementation of challenge actions in collaboration with the Mission Director and Nation Mission Managers. To achieve success, the person should train sound judgment, be comfy in a staff surroundings, and have well-developed communication and challenge administration expertise. The PO will need to have the flexibility to work with quite a lot of stakeholders (International Affairs Canada, Mission companions, Mission staff members, college members, and volunteers), and successfully deal with cultural obstacles. Maturity, expertise, downside fixing, and communication expertise shall be keys to success. In finishing up this work, confidentiality and shut collaboration and alignment with key administrative areas shall be essential. This place will work in shut collaboration with different employees throughout the WCVM, College of Saskatchewan, improvement neighborhood, and Companions. The profitable candidate may have the flexibility to handle the advanced nature of a gender centered One Well being improvement challenge. The PO will work with tutorial college, college students, Companions, and numerous different stakeholders in arriving at options for One Well being Challenges.
- Make sure that challenge implementation is on observe in adherence to the challenge implementation plan, challenge frameworks, and consistent with grant settlement and GAC; College of Saskatchewan technical and operational necessities;
- Guarantee sufficient planning and implementation paperwork are established, maintained, and archived;
- Determine technical and operational challenge provide wants and coordinate with logistics groups to place in place a smart phased procurement plan;
- Take part in well timed preparation of high quality challenge and donor studies on challenge actions in compliance with inner necessities and any related exterior donor necessities;
- Make sure that common challenge monetary studies (month-to-month, quarterly, and annual) are compiled, ready, and submitted to GAC, in collaboration with USask Finance at some point of the challenge;
- Make sure that delays and constraints on deliberate challenge actions are documented and options recognized;
- Guarantee challenge actions are adequately resourced and with well timed expenditure of permitted budgets, guaranteeing acceptable spend and correct and efficient use of challenge sources;
- Talk with the Mission Director on the general progress of implementation, in addition to all the important thing dangers and mitigation measures;
- Well timed flag and talk about key challenges, incidents, and divergence from the donor-approved plans;
- Successfully talk challenge scope and expectations to staff members and stakeholders in a well timed and clear style;
- Handle and keep “buy-in” from challenge stakeholders;
- Talk with stakeholders to know present realities, design future state, construct dedication and guarantee stakeholder engagement plan incorporates necessary views;
- In coordination with the Mission Director, Companions, and the opposite challenge managers, create plans for sustaining the enhancements made on account of the actions;
- Keep correct information, correspondence, monitoring of choices, and measuring and reporting of outcomes;
- Collaborate and work successfully with the Mission Director, college, college students, and different Companions.
Monitoring, Analysis, Accountability and Studying
- Monitor challenge implementation and supply help figuring out points that want well timed motion and help at completely different ranges;
- Help the work of the Monitoring and Analysis staff in instrument improvement and capturing of concepts to make sure that the challenge is monitored towards measurable and acceptable indicators;
- Guarantee common monitoring is carried out appropriately, and contributes to scenario/response evaluation, and any corresponding revision of challenge plans;
- Help challenge assessments, evaluations and different opinions required within the challenge;
- Make sure that studying and good apply is gathered, documented, and shared with the broader challenge;
- Help the manufacturing of the annual challenge publication by amassing and compiling data all through every challenge 12 months;
- Disseminate challenge updates as per challenge communication plan;
- Keep the challenge’s web site.
- Coordination and facilitation of actions associated to challenge administration staff, challenge volunteers and school working teams;
- Coordinate collection of and logistical issues for volunteers
- Sustaining common contact with nation managers and stakeholder teams;
- Manage, attend, take part in, or facilitate stakeholder conferences in collaboration with Nation Managers, in addition to doc and follow-up on necessary motion objects and selections from conferences;
- Characterize FFOHCP and keep good working relationships with challenge stakeholders, visiting donor and third-party monitoring groups, and different key contacts. Maintain abreast of NGO, authorities, and donor initiatives related to FFOHCP work;
- In coordination with the Mission Director, signify Canada and the challenge in GAC donor conferences and with representatives from GAC as required;
- Encourage teamwork, openness, and honesty amongst employees and between FFOHCP and its companions.
- Undertake every other associated duties as assigned by the Mission Director;
- Adjust to GAC / College of Saskatchewan insurance policies and apply with respect to little one safety, code of conduct, well being and security, equal alternatives and different related insurance policies and procedures.
Training: Bachelor’s diploma in related topic comparable to Improvement research, Gender, Well being (e.g., well being sciences, public well being), or equal mixture of schooling and work expertise.
Expertise: Three to 5 years’ expertise associated to challenge coordination/administration.
- Glorious interpersonal communication expertise (verbal and written), with a robust understanding of variety and different cultures, and a robust capacity to construct and keep harmonious partnerships with challenge stakeholders;
- Expertise supporting multi-partner tasks and tasks with a number of parts;
- Demonstrated expertise in coordinating a staff of senior employees with completely different backgrounds and experience;
- Consideration to element and skill to set priorities;
- Demonstrated capability to handle a number of duties with tight timelines and competing calls for;
- Sturdy capacity to work independently and as a part of a staff;
- Glorious problem-solving expertise and initiative;
- Sturdy analytical and organizational expertise;
- Demonstrated dedication to ideas of Gender Fairness;
- Means and willingness to journey to challenge focus nations as required;
- Means to make use of a full vary of software program packages, together with the Microsoft Workplace suite superior phrase processing, spreadsheets, digital calendars, and e-mail;
- Good work historical past (efficiency and attendance).
- An understanding of gender equality ideas, apply and measurement is a robust asset;
- Expertise associated to worldwide improvement, ideally International Affairs Canada funded tasks;
- Mission administration coaching or expertise thought-about a serious asset;
- Data of the College of Saskatchewan’s monetary and operational techniques an asset.
This place is in scope of the Administrative and Supervisory Personnel Affiliation (ASPA).
Division: School of Vet Medication
Standing: Time period 4 years with the potential of extension
Employment Group: ASPA
Full Time Equal (FTE): 1.0
Wage: The wage vary, primarily based on 1.0 FTE, is $50,780.00 – 79,344.00 each year. The beginning wage shall be commensurate with schooling and expertise.
Wage Household (if relevant): Specialist Skilled
Wage Part/Band: Part 1
Posted Date: 2/8/2024
Closing Date: 2/22/2024 at 6:00 pm CST
Variety of Openings: 1
Work Location: On Campus
The profitable applicant shall be required to offer the next present verification(s) the place ‘Sure’ is indicated beneath. Additional data is offered at: https://careers.usask.ca/tips-for-applying.php
Legal File Examine: Not Relevant
Driver’s License and Summary Examine: Not Relevant
Training/Credential Verification: Not Relevant
Weak Sector Examine: Not Relevant
The College is dedicated to employment fairness, variety, and inclusion, and are proud to help profession alternatives for Indigenous peoples to replicate the neighborhood we serve. We’re devoted to recruiting people who will enrich our work and studying environments. All certified candidates are inspired to use; nonetheless, in accordance with Canadian immigration necessities, Canadian residents and everlasting residents shall be given precedence. We’re dedicated to offering lodging to these with a incapacity or medical necessity. Should you require an lodging to take part within the recruitment course of, please notify us and we’ll work collectively on the lodging request. We proceed to develop our partnerships with Indigenous communities throughout the province, nationally, and internationally and worth the distinctive perspective that Indigenous workers present to strengthen these relationships. Verification of Indigenous Membership/Citizenship on the College of Saskatchewan is led and decided by the deybwewin jobsincanada.one taapwaywin jobsincanada.one tapwewin: Indigenous Reality coverage and Standing Committee in accordance with the processes developed to enact the coverage. Profitable candidates that assert Indigenous membership/citizenship shall be requested to finish the verification means of Indigenous membership/citizenship with documentation. The College of Saskatchewan’s foremost campus is located on Treaty 6 Territory and the Homeland of the Métis. We pay our respects to the First Nations and Métis ancestors of this place and reaffirm our relationship with each other. Collectively, we’re uplifting Indigenization to a spot of prominence on the College of Saskatchewan.
View or Apply
To assist us observe our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl/motivation letter the place (jobsincanada.one) you noticed this job posting.